• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OT - New stadium (no not for USF)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Interesting article about a Texas school that is getting a new $60 million state-of-the-art stadium

Why is it interesting?

...ITS FOR A FREAKING HIGH SCHOOL

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1074494

:o

• Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

...ITS FOR A FREAKING HIGH SCHOOL

Yeah, but that freaking high school draws 14k a game. That's more than FAU and FIU do.

• Content Count:  1,251

what? that is insane.....i love football....my fav sport....but i will never care about high school football....never have....why is it so much more popular in texas than in florida?.....i mean football is king in florida just like texas....but no one i know gives a rats ass about  high school football in florida....

Guest Sunburned

Texas isn't the only place it's big.....

Jenks vs Union in Tulsa, OK has had close to 40,000 in their annual games.Known as the "Backyard Bowl," the rivalry has received coverage by Sporting News and is the subject of a Versus documentary produced by NFL Films. The annual game is played at the University of Tulsa and has drawn crowds of over 40,000. The annual rivalry game was presented on the Great American Rivalry Series internet broadcast in 2007. One of these two teams has won Oklahoma's Class 6A (large school) title every year since 1996. [18][22][23][25][26][27][28][29]

St. Xavier High School (Louisville, Kentucky) Trinity High School (Louisville, Kentucky) 31-30-2 1956 Dubbed the "St. X/Trinity Game", is one of the five biggest high school rivalries in the nation, according to USA Today and has been labeled the "best prep school rivalry in the country" by Sporting News. Played at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium, it has drawn more than 35,000 spectators in each of the last ten matchups. Part of the Great American Rivalry Series internet broadcast for several years, the game is also listed in Game of the Year: 50 Years of the Greatest High School Football Rivalry in America.

Guest nybullsfan

Cincinnati and Pittsburgh are both hotbeds for HS football.

Here in Austin are several very large HS football stadiums. Nothing like Allen that I've seen, though (yet!).

What amazes me about the Allen stadium (other than the cost, lolz) is that it's football ONLY. There's no track around the edge of the field.

• Content Count:  21,335
  • Days Won:  10

Waste of money.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

High school football is big in places where there's nothing to do.

There's a magnificent high-school football stadium in freaking Arkansas for god sakes.

• Content Count:  743

Reminds me of the Massillon v McKinley rivalry. Crappy little town in Ohio has an 18,000 seat stadium. Eff that though, I'd rather go watch the Muck Bowl and see some real speed.

And holy crap that stadium looks awesome.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Waste of money.

spoken like a real cheapskate

it isnt a waste if you can afford it

Archived