• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2010 Our Shirt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Karlos with a K has struck again...  :throwup2

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

hey... im class of 2010 ill take one

• Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

These shirts stink! I mean yeah maybe 1,000 student from the class of 2010 will buy one but last years shirt had mass appeal, alum as well as student were buying them like crazy. I went to the book store before the Cincy game and the cashiers couldn't keep up with demand all sizes were selling out fast. I believe this year, sadly they are going to lose money big time. Hope they only print in batches of 100.

• Content Count:  27
  • Days Won:  0

Actually, this is partly marketing's fault as well. Ayo made the decision for the final 2 designs out of about 4 or 5.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Actually, this is partly marketing's fault as well. Ayo made the decision for the final 2 designs out of about 4 or 5.

Really? 

So much for this being OUR shirt.

On a slightly different subject, why is it when there's a problem with athletics, one person seems to always be brought up?

The majority of the time, he is the issue. It is quite ridiculous how big of a hand he has in everything. The "our" part about it is that students can submit different designs and then we get to vote on the 2 designs chosen. A lot of the issue is that SG didn't do a great job marketing this voting process. 4,000 people voted and 2,000 chose the shirt. It is ridiculous how minuscule the percentage is compared to the number of students. That is a HUGE issue.

I'm also curious if this voting was only for Tampa campus. That would be interesting to find out. Because then the percentage gets smaller..and smaller..and smaller.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

did usf change their colors back to kelly green

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Pure speculation alert:

I wonder if the SG students who helped design the shirt or were involved in the process are from the class of 2010

From what I have heard, there was supposed to be a contest for students to submit their designs for the our shirt. Apparently there was only one design submitted by a student. The rest of the designs were come up from a group of students and the 5 or so designs were sent to Athletics so they could pick the designs the students voted on. I have also heard that a few members of Athletics tweaked the designs they were given a little bit and then given to SG as the final product.

So, it looks like voter apathy wasn't the only problem when figuring out the our shirt for this coming year.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  71

Guys its a 5 dollar tee shirt designed by NON Clothing designers. I try every year to give them better ideas and they never want to listen. It's so funny how the official shirt never has a bold USF logo anywhere on it.

Archived