• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Baseball and Softball Stadiums

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

I wonder if they'll have bleachers along the baselines (cheap, no seatback bleachers).

The more seating, then the better chance of hosting tourny's and regionals in the  future.

The presentation for the original renderings stated that the plans for the stadium were drawn up to -super regional- standards.

So lets hope they do this right

But... am i the only one that finds it weird the directional orientation of the stadium.  Kind of makes it a possibility of HR balls hitting cars as they drive by.

Eh.. i guess HR's in college BB games going to left field are small.

Go check out the nicest college baseball stadium in the state, FSU's.

A road goes right behind right field all the way to centerfield. Heavy pedestrian area as well.

If your window gets hit, so what, if you've got legit insurance, they'll pay for it.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Softball is going to flourish with this setup.  Their improvement from current digs to this is far greater than baseball's upgrade.

thAT'S TOO BAD FOR  basebALL

• Content Count:  827

Softball is going to flourish with this setup.  Their improvement from current digs to this is far greater than baseball's upgrade.

thAT'S TOO BAD FOR  basebALL

What is too bad for baseball? Do you even know what you are talking about? The new baseball stadium is going to be top notch.

• Content Count:  809

Everything about this new setup, is gonna be beneficial.

Parking - fans can now park RIGHT IN FRONT of the stadium (current sundome lot) instead of having to walk a short distance to the gate like you currently have to.

NEW BATHROOMS - no explanation needed

Location - now fans will actually know there's a softball team.

Presentation - first time i drove by Red McEwen, i thought it was just a practice field. It's quite a turnoff going to Red McEwen cause there's local high schools with better seating arrangements.

• Content Count:  115

Does anyone know if the new stadiums will have locker rooms?  It seems like a far walk from the athletic building.

Everything about this new setup, is gonna be beneficial.

Parking - fans can now park RIGHT IN FRONT of the stadium (current sundome lot) instead of having to walk a short distance to the gate like you currently have to.

NEW BATHROOMS - no explanation needed

Location - now fans will actually know there's a softball team.

Presentation - first time i drove by Red McEwen, i thought it was just a practice field. It's quite a turnoff going to Red McEwen cause there's local high schools with better seating arrangements.

Yes its going to be quite convenient. Not sure if you can tell from the renderings, but there is going to be a pavilion on top that you are going to be able to view both the baseball and softball games at the same time. I think this is only going to help each team get more interest from the other spectators that are there to view one of the two sports.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

Does anyone know if the new stadiums will have locker rooms?  It seems like a far walk from the athletic building.

Aren't they on the site of the current baseball stadium, just reconfigured?

No. The current lockers rooms are in the athletic building. To my understanding they will have new locker rooms and coaches offices in the new ballpark.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Thanks!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

No. The current lockers rooms are in the athletic building. To my understanding they will have new locker rooms and coaches offices in the new ballpark.

That wasn't my question which, looking back at it, is confusing as hell, but you did supply the answer he was looking for .... I thought, since the new fields are where the current baseball field is, it still wasn't that far of a walk from lockers in Athletic bldg to the new fields.

Archived