• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fraternities on Campus

EyeoftheBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Days Won:  0

Hello gents and a lady or two,

Firstly, I come in peace.  I'm a big Miami fan but pull for the Tampa-based Bulls (love Tampa) when they're not trash-talking or playing the 'Canes.  The reason that I'm here is that I work for a company that wants to reach out/partner with organizations within Greek Life on USF's main campus.

My question is simple, and hopefully we've got some students on here that can help me out.

What fraternities on campus have a strong overall reputation? As in, are perceived as solid organizations by the general student population?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  158
  • Days Won:  1

It depends what the business is about.  Sigma Chi, Sigma Phi Epsilon, and Delta Chi have good relations with the administration and students. Sigma Alpha Epsilon and Phi Delta Theta have good connections with night life.

• Content Count:  1,251

It depends what the business is about.  Sigma Chi, Sigma Phi Epsilon, and Delta Chi have good relations with the administration and students. Sigma Alpha Epsilon and Phi Delta Theta have good connections with night life.

I agree with this assessment

• Content Count:  2

Thanks for the replies, guys.  Really appreciate it.

Sigma Chi, for example, is well regarded by students/admins, but are they still considered well connected socially?

• Content Count:  158
  • Days Won:  1

Sigma Chi, for example, is well regarded by students/admins, but are they still considered well connected socially?

yes they are

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Although it's worth noting that Greek life at USF has never been as prominent as it is at some other schools.

I remember when I was last a student at USF nine years ago, either the Times or Tribune ran a story about it. I don't remember the percentages, but a far, far smaller percentage of students belonged to fraternities or sororities at USF than students at a host of other universities used for comparison. I don't think 80 percent of students on campus when I was there could name any of the greek organizations on campus.

If you are looking to take advantage of some "connection" these organizations may have, who knows, but if you're looking to reach a large segment of the student body there must be a better way.

• Content Count:  1,251

yeh but not as much as phi delt or SAE

• Content Count:  552

I'm a sorority advisor at the USF campus.

The current USF Student President is a Delta Chi and the VP is a Sig Ep.

You are going to hear good and bad about each organization depending on who you ask.

Archived