• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fraternities on Campus

EyeoftheBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  0

Sig Ep has a "Balanced Man" program. Other fraternities have this such as SAE's "True Gentlemen" or Beta's "Men of Principle". Below is some information. Basically you are welcomed as a "Sigma" brother upon rushing. Once you become a "Sigma" you can never join another IFC organization as you are thought of as being intiated, thus some people being led to believe they dont have a true rush process.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The Balanced Man Program consists of four challenges labeled Sigma, Phi, Epsilon, and Brother Mentor. Each challenge consists of outcomes defined by expectations that progressively develop a member as a balanced man with a Sound Mind in a Sound Body and a balanced servant leader. These outcomes show the member how to apply SigEp's Cardinal Principles of Virtue, Diligence, and Brotherly Love into his daily life.

A new SigEp brother is welcomed and integrated into the chapter with the introductory phase of the program, the Sigma Challenge. He must complete a program based on self-discovery, chapter activities, and service-learning. After completing the Sigma Challenge, he enters the Phi Challenge, which is centered on understanding the benefits of fraternalism, building balance, and cultivating the values and knowledge that a man needs to excel at college, SigEp, and life. Here, more advanced tasks await him that include becoming a member of other on-campus organizations and taking a leadership role in the chapter. The third challenge in the Balanced Man Program is the Epsilon Challenge, centered on brothers as leaders by exploring the issues a servant leader faces. Reaching this challenge, the brother has a full understanding of the Fraternity. The brother is also expected to hold an executive or chairman position in both the chapter and at least one outside organization. The Brother Mentor challenge challenges the brother to develop and utilize the skills of a servant leader, especially as a mentor. These include a service-learning undertaking and outcomes that involve the brother in improving the chapter as a whole, in particular as a mentor for the less experienced chapter members.

All challenges in the Balanced Man program are self-paced. Although the outcomes of each challenge are set, the expectations that achieve those outcomes can be tailored to suit the chapter's and the individual Brother's needs. Each of the challenges engages the member with the rest of the chapter, building a stronger brotherhood through doing important, meaningful things together.

Chapters are accepted into the Balanced Man Program only after an overwhelming majority of the chapter votes to convert from pledging model to Balance Man Project Chapter. New Sigma Phi Epsilon chapters are started as Balanced Man Program Chapters. Once a chapter becomes a Balanced Man Program chapter they are not permitted to return to the pledging model of member development. The Fraternity has a goal nationally that 90% of the undergraduate chapters will use the Balanced Man Program for member development by 2011.

u work for sig ep?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  151

Definitely a girlfriend or boyfriend of Sig Ep. They used to get beat up a lot when I lived around there.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Sig Ep has a "Balanced Man" program. Other fraternities have this such as SAE's "True Gentlemen" or Beta's "Men of Principle". Below is some information. Basically you are welcomed as a "Sigma" brother upon rushing. Once you become a "Sigma" you can never join another IFC organization as you are thought of as being intiated, thus some people being led to believe they dont have a true rush process.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The Balanced Man Program consists of four challenges labeled Sigma, Phi, Epsilon, and Brother Mentor. Each challenge consists of outcomes defined by expectations that progressively develop a member as a balanced man with a Sound Mind in a Sound Body and a balanced servant leader. These outcomes show the member how to apply SigEp's Cardinal Principles of Virtue, Diligence, and Brotherly Love into his daily life.

A new SigEp brother is welcomed and integrated into the chapter with the introductory phase of the program, the Sigma Challenge. He must complete a program based on self-discovery, chapter activities, and service-learning. After completing the Sigma Challenge, he enters the Phi Challenge, which is centered on understanding the benefits of fraternalism, building balance, and cultivating the values and knowledge that a man needs to excel at college, SigEp, and life. Here, more advanced tasks await him that include becoming a member of other on-campus organizations and taking a leadership role in the chapter. The third challenge in the Balanced Man Program is the Epsilon Challenge, centered on brothers as leaders by exploring the issues a servant leader faces. Reaching this challenge, the brother has a full understanding of the Fraternity. The brother is also expected to hold an executive or chairman position in both the chapter and at least one outside organization. The Brother Mentor challenge challenges the brother to develop and utilize the skills of a servant leader, especially as a mentor. These include a service-learning undertaking and outcomes that involve the brother in improving the chapter as a whole, in particular as a mentor for the less experienced chapter members.

All challenges in the Balanced Man program are self-paced. Although the outcomes of each challenge are set, the expectations that achieve those outcomes can be tailored to suit the chapter's and the individual Brother's needs. Each of the challenges engages the member with the rest of the chapter, building a stronger brotherhood through doing important, meaningful things together.

Chapters are accepted into the Balanced Man Program only after an overwhelming majority of the chapter votes to convert from pledging model to Balance Man Project Chapter. New Sigma Phi Epsilon chapters are started as Balanced Man Program Chapters. Once a chapter becomes a Balanced Man Program chapter they are not permitted to return to the pledging model of member development. The Fraternity has a goal nationally that 90% of the undergraduate chapters will use the Balanced Man Program for member development by 2011.

nobody at USF is buying that except Sig Ep

• Content Count:  552

I just posted whats on the USF pertaining to them and their "rush". No offense to them but when I was at USF I would have never dated one of them. That was many years ago though and organizations change. Just sharing the info greek life has them on them currently.

• Content Count:  1,390

One of my roommates is a SigEp... I have no real affiliation with greek life though, so this is pretty unbiased.

They do have standards, as he has pointed kids out to me that rushed and did not make it (later going straight to ZBT lol). However when it comes to football players, he told me that they basically just show up. Yeah they do some things that most pledges are put through, but at a tiny fraction compared to a "normal" student.

• Content Count:  508
  • Days Won:  1

If I had to go back and do it again, I would have rushed Sigma Chi.  I made a huge mistake by rushing a fraternity that was not a good fit for me.  It is difficult for me to be in a fraternity with guys who look like should be on Jersey Shore.  When ever I see a brother of Sigma Chi, they are dressed properly and seem like good guys.

I will not name the fraternities by name that are viewed very poorly by me, but you maybe able to figure it out.  No juiced up jersey shore types.

Archived