• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The USF Cash Cow...thanks Marketing Dept!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  603
  • Content Count:  16,388
  • Days Won:  43

Didnt the study group of student have a big say in the new logo?? That is something that you have to give the students to as well. Hell, you have to blame the community on attendence because they dropped the ball. The students were at the Southern Miss game, but the community was not. The Students were at the Tenn Tech game, but the community was Buc happy and did not show. So far, the community has not pulled through since the first ever game for USF. Blame the lame ass Tampa bay sports fans on our attendence. The extra 7k from students still would not make that big of a difference. There are alot of USF alumni living in the Tampa BAY area, so dont give me excuses about not having ties to the school. Right BULLHEADED??

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

winning will sell products

ftu/ou/oc hasn't won a game in 18 months.what difference is  it what their colors or logs are.who wants to be associated with such a loser?a laughing stock?

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

Didnt the study group of student have a big say in the new logo?? That is something that you have to give the students to as well. Hell, you have to blame the community on attendence because they dropped the ball. The students were at the Southern Miss game, but the community was not. The Students were at the Tenn Tech game, but the community was Buc happy and did not show. So far, the community has not pulled through since the first ever game for USF. Blame the lame ass Tampa bay sports fans on our attendence. The extra 7k from students still would not make that big of a difference. There are alot of USF alumni living in the Tampa BAY area, so dont give me excuses about not having ties to the school. Right BULLHEADED??

yep, students did well until a couple of losses ie...fair weather students. I believe I said this already, not sure what your getting at but my point was simple. The students are the ones who should be the passionate ones and watching them completely give up the instant we lost a couple showed their true colors.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not saying the community has done a great job either just that the students have more of a responsibility especially since at this time most of the alumn didn't have the first hand experience of a team so there isn't the connection and also the students don't have to fork out any hard earned money to show up.

At this stage our program needs to build the tradition and that starts with the students and will eventually spread. It is not up to the alumni or the community to take care of this, it is up to the current batch of kids and it obviously isn't going to happen if all they care about is a win instead of having true school pride. ****, I was going to drop this and you had to bring my name back up  :-/

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

The logo sells itself.

It's was the  attractive, fresh new look that USF were looking for since the ill fated Satanic Billygoat was released in the 1990s.  I would be willing to give the athletic marketing branch at USF a lot more credit if the continue the trend upwards. Hopefully, they will use proper discretion in placement and what items usage of the Iconic Bull are permited.

IMHO, they did a terrible disservice by allowing our wonderful new logo to be put on midfield at RJS right inside the silhouete of a white surrender flag. That just looks bad and cheapens the effort.

USF has not been playing well with these new logos. USF was a much better team with the old logo. Maybe they should bring that back so that the football team can start playing better.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,764
  • Days Won:  3

Hell, you have to blame the community on attendence because they dropped the ball. The students were at the Southern Miss game, but the community was not. The Students were at the Tenn Tech game, but the community was Buc happy and did not show. So far, the community has not pulled through since the first ever game for USF. Blame the lame ass Tampa bay sports fans on our attendence.

Just curious...when you use the term "community", how is that defined?  I'm having a difficult time ascertaining why someone - who is not an alumni or student - should even be expected to just arbitrarily show up for a Bulls game, simply because it's the local school. If I graduated from x-university, but was resident in Tampa, I guarantee that  I'd not be springing for season tickets.

It's almost as if you expect Joe Schmoe to attend this stuff - simply becuase it's in Tampa. Surely that isn't your line of thinking, is it? I'm not  a Bucs fan and feel no obligation to attend games, simply because they're here.  I understand that at one point there was some sort of soccer team and a hockey team here as well....again, I was nowhere to be found.

I attend USF games because I am an alumni. If I moved to Atlanta, I would not be buying season tix to GATech simply because 'it's the home team' and I live in the vicinity.

On the other hand, if you're questioning why we have such a large local alumni base, but only garner 16K in season ticket sales, I'd have to default to the issue of '56-'97 students not having a USF football team to rally 'round.

Student attendance? No idea...I would defer to an actual student for thier input on USF football.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

Brahman - you are correct, it was primarily a task force driven objective.  One that was mandated by a number of things, mainly President Judy.  Our old logo was a joke and didn't sell worth a crap.  This wasn't a Tommy V brainchild.

WoolyBully,

I am talking mostly about the so-called alumni that live in this area. I dont buy your argument that the reason they dont show up is because there was no football team around. If that counted for something than the SUNDOME would be full of alumni watching the basketball team play. The older alumni were spoiled by the success of the basketball program, so they are the ones that jumped off the bandwagon. If you want to use that argument, then tell me why the basketball games only get around a few 2k fans. Both the students and the alumni are to blame for the low attendence. Also, I have to put some blame on the marketing because Ill bet that alot of alumni didnt even know there were games starting at 11am. So, I guess the whole situations sucks right now. I will just hope for the best and hope USF starts winning to get those bandwagon alumni and students back on the bandwagon. I am a proud USF alumn that will never turn my back on this program. $20 is a very cheap price to pay today to watch a sporting event. If people would rather shell out their $50 to watch a BUCS or Lightning team play then the marketing dept is dropping the ball. I think USF could lower the basketball tickets to about $10 for the upper level seats until our program gets good. $16 is kind of steep for drawing the casual fan in for only two hours. Lower those ticket prices for basketball to about $10 especially when we are playing the Prairie Views of the world at the SUN DOME.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,764
  • Days Won:  3

The ideal situation would be for all of the alumni - '56 - '97 - who did not have USF football, to shun their fascination with UM/USF/UF and sign on with the Bulls.  

Just be like me...a great FSU fan, until USF started playing. Now the sun rises and sets on USF football at the Robinson residence.

As for basketball...I don't know if dropping the ticket prices would get more thru the door. To me,  there's not a world of difference between dropping $10 and $16 bucks.  As for the alumni not showing up in the lower section...I dunno. Having made my donation and bought my ticket...I'm certainly going to be there. I guess some others just look at it as an investment...and they'll show up when the product gets better, but until then...they'll still write the checks and buy the tickets...even if they don't use them.