• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Waverly Austin

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  247
  • Days Won:  0

Saw Waverly Austin at the bball game yesterday.  He was sitting a few rows behind the bench.  I was hoping to see Lockridge or Haynes with him but I didn't, all I saw was a little white kid that looked more like a team manager than a player.  I wish those guys would have been able to see us win that game.  Man the dome was rockin' after DoJo's dunk!!!! Hopefully I just missed them and they were actually there.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

It definitely would have been a great recruiting tool for kids to have seen that game first hand... 

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Yep...I'm trying to narrow down some names now. Who we know is, Dante Holmes, Cerrick Felix, Michael Haynes, Cleveland Melvin, PJ Lockridge, Kevin Olekaibe, and a host of JC players that are very hard to find out about.

I hope that our success will translate into attracting better recruits. Looking at that short list above I would be happy with getting Felix and Melvin. Those 2 are supreme athletes that will fit in with our attacking style of offense. We don't need to sign a 3pt shooter because we have one in Noriega who will see playing time next season. Lockridge or Haynes would be a nice addition too.

• Content Count:  247

yep he definitely wasn't there.  Found out he was at duke for their dismantling of UNC...great!

http://bluedevilinsider.wordpress.com/2010/03/07/6-top-recruits-prospects-watch-duke-dominate-unc/

Well if Duke gets Haynes then we need to convince Felix who Duke is recruiting also to come play for USF. Felix and Melvin would make me happy this spring if they signed with the Bulls. It would be nice to have 3 players on the team that can get their elbows above the rim.

• Content Count:  4,016

Yep...I'm trying to narrow down some names now. Who we know is, Dante Holmes, Cerrick Felix, Michael Haynes, Cleveland Melvin, PJ Lockridge, Kevin Olekaibe, and a host of JC players that are very hard to find out about.

I hope that our success will translate into attracting better recruits. Looking at that short list above I would be happy with getting Felix and Melvin. Those 2 are supreme athletes that will fit in with our attacking style of offense. We don't need to sign a 3pt shooter because we have one in Noriega who will see playing time next season. Lockridge or Haynes would be a nice addition too.

Do you really feel that good about the prospects of Noriega stepping up that much by next season?  Burwell too?  With the prospects of DJ being gone the perimeter is wide open...but we need shooters.  We had so many shots passed up by Crater, Mercer, and Howard that were open for threes...a good shooter knocks down 40% of those, and extends the defense.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I do feel confident about Noriega and Burwell.  I wish they were able to get a bit more experience this year, but with a year of conditioning, weight training, and learning the plays... they both have the talent to be solid role players next year.

Do you really feel that good about the prospects of Noriega stepping up that much by next season?  Burwell too?  With the prospects of DJ being gone the perimeter is wide open...but we need shooters.  We had so many shots passed up by Crater, Mercer, and Howard that were open for threes...a good shooter knocks down 40% of those, and extends the defense.

Noriega has been working really hard in practice from what I hear. I fully expect him to be a factor next year with or without Jones. I'm not sure if Burwell will be back.

With the way we play on offense I want athletes. I don't think we can get in on some of the top skilled players left this spring but we can sign a couple of great athletes in Melvin and Felix. If Felix goes to Duke then we can get Michael Haynes. Duke doesn't have 2 scholarships available. If we keep Showtime Haynes he is supposedly a 42% 3pt shooter and Robertson shoots around that percentage as well. Speaking of Showtime, can you all see him out there running around the halfcourt looking to get his shot off? He is not a guy that likes to pass. He kinda like a very poor man's version of Jeremy Hazell just not as tall(5-11) or as talented.

• Content Count:  720

How good is Lavonte Dority? Will he contirbute as a Freshman?

How good is Lavonte Dority? Will he contirbute as a Freshman?

Well I'll list him as serviceable right now. Most people's opinion is that he's the 2nd best PG on his own HS team. He's a physical PG but no where near the size of Chris Howard who this program will miss more then any player in history. Yes Howard will be a lot harder to replace then Jones.

There is no doubt about it we have to land a BIG TIME PG for the 2011 class if this program wants to continue to grow going forward. For Now we have to hope that Crater will not only improve his game but his leadership capabilities this summer as he will be in charge of this ship next season.

Archived