• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Waverly Austin

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  247
  • Days Won:  0

Well if Duke gets Haynes then we need to convince Felix who Duke is recruiting also to come play for USF. Felix and Melvin would make me happy this spring if they signed with the Bulls. It would be nice to have 3 players on the team that can get their elbows above the rim.

since we only have one schollie available right now are you hinting that showtime or robertson will not sign with us or that someone like burwell will transfer?

• Content Count:  247
  • Days Won:  0

How good is Lavonte Dority? Will he contirbute as a Freshman?

Well I'll list him as serviceable right now. Most people's opinion is that he's the 2nd best PG on his own HS team. He's a physical PG but no where near the size of Chris Howard who this program will miss more then any player in history. Yes Howard will be a lot harder to replace then Jones.

There is no doubt about it we have to land a BIG TIME PG for the 2011 class if this program wants to continue to grow going forward. For Now we have to hope that Crater will not only improve his game but his leadership capabilities this summer as he will be in charge of this ship next season.

yeah I just looked up Dority's stats on maxpreps and wasnt too impressed.  12.9 pt 4.7 ast 1.8 stl.  Hopefully the level of competition hes playing against is really good since its in chicago.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/j18xsuceSkqfsmWXh7irCg/foreman-hornets/basketball/stats.htm

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

How good is Lavonte Dority? Will he contirbute as a Freshman?

Well I'll list him as serviceable right now. Most people's opinion is that he's the 2nd best PG on his own HS team. He's a physical PG but no where near the size of Chris Howard who this program will miss more then any player in history. Yes Howard will be a lot harder to replace then Jones.

There is no doubt about it we have to land a BIG TIME PG for the 2011 class if this program wants to continue to grow going forward. For Now we have to hope that Crater will not only improve his game but his leadership capabilities this summer as he will be in charge of this ship next season.

yeah I just looked up Dority's stats on maxpreps and wasnt too impressed.  12.9 pt 4.7 ast 1.8 stl.  Hopefully the level of competition hes playing against is really good since its in chicago.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/j18xsuceSkqfsmWXh7irCg/foreman-hornets/basketball/stats.htm

Mike McCall is the man on Foreman and he's going to St Louis. He has the quickness and play making ability that might have translated well in the BE. I believe I saw where Dority is ranked #305 in the 2010 class. He had a good summer and Heath offered him a scholarship after we lost out on our top PG targets. The kid that committed to Depaul really hurt since he had to know that Depaul would fire their coach. I have heard some rumblings that he might get out of his commitment but that is not a certain. Problem is we can't take a PG prospect now anyway with Showtime Haynes committed.

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Well if Duke gets Haynes then we need to convince Felix who Duke is recruiting also to come play for USF. Felix and Melvin would make me happy this spring if they signed with the Bulls. It would be nice to have 3 players on the team that can get their elbows above the rim.

since we only have one schollie available right now are you hinting that showtime or robertson will not sign with us or that someone like burwell will transfer?

If Jones stays I can see Burwell leaving since he is behind Noriega now. If Jones leaves then he might stay.

Archived