• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We have a shot at the NCAA Tourney if....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  377
  • Days Won:  0

UConn beats Notre Dame tomorrow and Notre Dame loses against Marquette this weekend and we beat UConn.......or Georgetown loses against Cinn this weekend and we win. That gives us an 8 seed and a bye in the BE tournament and a .500 record in Big East play.  If we get one BE tourney win on top of our bye...most likely against the #9 seed Notre Dame or Georgetown would that give us the enough to make it to the dance?

I certainly hope so but that's a big IF. Would the tourney take 9 BE teams in the tournament?  I don't think so but I think there could still be a small chance we can make it.  It'll be a good week of basketball...that's for **** sure!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Its nice to have meaningful games in March for a change!

• Content Count:  12,293

we dont have a shoot at the tourney....

if what you say happens then the tourney team will just look to the SEC or big 12 for another team.

the only shot we have at the tourney is if win the next 3 games (1 vs UConn and 2 in the big east conf tourney) and lose in the big east title game.

it could happen (we beat g-town and battled cuse)  got whipped by nova.  but anything can happen and we actually have the talent to play the game.  if things are going right.

yes.  i have only been here since 2002 but we never were this close to the 64 as we are now (although we arent close anymore)

but i remember when the big east was a 12 team tourney and we would of been happy to make that (we never did when it was 12 teams)

we all got excited when it was announced that last year all 16 teams would play it in.

didnt do us any good.

we have a shot to really win the whole thing...not a good shot but we could actually do it.  we have the talent this year.  gotta be on our A game tho

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

yes.  i have only been here since 2002 but we never were this close to the 64 as we are now (although we arent close anymore)

but i remember when the big east was a 12 team tourney and we would of been happy to make that (we never did when it was 12 teams)

we all got excited when it was announced that last year all 16 teams would play it in.

didnt do us any good.

we have a shot to really win the whole thing...not a good shot but we could actually do it.  we have the talent this year.  gotta be on our A game tho

We haven't been on our A game since GTown, and they were on their C game for that game.

We need a huge crowd for senior day... this team plays so much better when the crowd gets going.  I fear that over half the crowd may be UConn fans :(

i think we will have a good crowd on sat.

i am more worried about the students.

they have sucked for 8 years when it comes to bball.

and they get in for free.

• Content Count:  971

I was thinking about driving down for the game, until I saw it's at 2pm.  Just like football, these Sat. afternoon games are tough on the out-of-towner fans.  Oh well, that's not the first season ticket I've wasted.  Probably won't be the last either.  GB!

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

we dont have a shot at the tourney....

That is certainly not true. Our road is a difficult one, but win over UConn will give our RPI and SOS a nice bump up. If we have a bye in the Big East tournament, then 1 more win should get us right back in the conversation.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

if what you say happens then the tourney team will just look to the SEC or big 12 for another team.

the only shot we have at the tourney is if win the next 3 games (1 vs UConn and 2 in the big east conf tourney) and lose in the big east title game.

it could happen (we beat g-town and battled cuse)  got whipped by nova.  but anything can happen and we actually have the talent to play the game.  if things are going right.

first you say we don't have a shot, then you say anything can happen, so which is it? and to say we don't have a shot means you don't watch very much college basketball.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

first you say we don't have a shot, then you say anything can happen, so which is it? and to say we don't have a shot means you don't watch very much college basketball.

he thinks he knows it all. Win vs Uconn and atleast 1 in the BET and we our back on the bubble........ Not to mention we have like a 0.000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance of winning the BET

Archived