• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Attendance?

Guest HowieP1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  0

Both the Pitt and Memphis games were horribly attended.  Student attendance combined was maybe 500.  Point blank are fans sucked this year.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Nope...I think those numbers are right. The stadium was vacant on both counts.

You need to reconsider this 11:00 in the morning business. However, if you make more from ESPN than you do from game-day purchased tix...why not?

Remember, we have a season tix base of +/- 16K...so not all season ticket holders showed up!

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

You need to reconsider this 11:00 in the morning business. However, if you make more from ESPN than you do from game-day purchased tix...why not?

We're still trying mightily to build and KEEP a fan base. The 11 o'clock games are not helping that cause one iota. Someone needs to weigh the monetary gain against the goodwill lost.......... just my opinion.

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386

And the marketing of games needs to be improved. No one at my work even knew there was a USF game unless I mentioned it or they saw my whiteboard. USF needs to spend some money on advertising to try and get more fans to show up.

Kizarvexis

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

i'd like to know what happened with that "huge" deal between the Bucs and USF... the only real difference in advertising I noticed was the billboards.  You cant tell me thats all we got out of that deal

Guest HowieP1
i'd like to know what happened with that "huge" deal between the Bucs and USF... the only real difference in advertising I noticed was the billboards.  You cant tell me thats all we got out of that deal

I was told that the deal had fallen through because of a problem the NCAA had with a professional team being involved in the marketing arrangement.  I think we will probably try to work something else out, that will meet NCAA guidelines.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

i guess that speaks volumes about our Ath. Dept. if there was freakin feature article in the major sport bus. journal about the deal before it was even set in stone with the NCAA   ::)

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Ok...everyone's throwing out a lot of  "do something...do more" stuff relative to marketing, but I don't recall hearing too many specific ideas.

What would you suggest?

Radio advertisements?

Television advertisements?

...what do you think are some things that the marketing department could be doing but is not doing?

(btw: I have heard adverts for the Bulls games on the radio. I don't really recall seeing any ads on TV, but that doesn't mean they're not there).

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

I was at the Memphis game, and it looked to me that the Pitt game had less people. I probably could have taken a head count at both from my seat in about 5 minutes.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Ok...everyone's throwing out a lot of  "do something...do more" stuff relative to marketing, but I don't recall hearing too many specific ideas.

What would you suggest?

No more freaking 11 AM games!!    ;D