• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Capogna's Pre Season Tailgate??

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Has there been any talk about having a pre-season tailgate? With CSH's "salesman" attitude, it seems as though he would be open to such an event.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  203
  • Days Won:  0

I have heard that it's been cancelled and will no longer be done. Any truth to those rumors Mutt?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  71

I dont know where MUTT is but I had Lunch with Art Jones and he told me they are doing it. Capagna's is even taking the wall between the bar and restuarant down to make the bar bigger.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I dont know where MUTT is but I had Lunch with Art Jones and he told me they are doing it. Capagna's is even taking the wall between the bar and restuarant down to make the bar bigger.

Niiiccceee

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

A little story for you all…

Years ago when I met “Coach†Art Jones, I knew the man was crazy. The man ate, slept and breathed USF 24/7. I have to say, it looked like fun, so I rode his coat-tails and eventually started to try and out-do his insanity. Constantly we would be scheming on how to promote the university and reach new fans. We joined the Alumni Association & the Bull Backers, single-handedly tackled homecoming, spend gobs of our own money and eventually decided to have a yearly Preseason Tailgate party by friends, for friends all for the love of USF and nothing else.

Although we had our connections, it took years to build a relationship with Leavitt and prove to him & the staff that we weren't going anywhere. Finally, 3 years ago he showed up to the gig and saw how strong we all could be. He loved the fan based, grass-roots aspect of the event and told us it was his favorite of the season.  Now that CJL is no longer, I really thought the Tailgate was no more.

Last year, Coach dropped out of the AA, everybody on the board was fighting like children and the tailgate ceased being fun and turned into work. Not just work, but ****** work, where people that I thought had the same vision as I did ended up screaming at my wife over a 5 dollar t-shirt.  We started charging people to sell wares when before we invited everybody, we charged nobody and every person who showed had fun. 

I just don’t know anymore. If the Tailgate is to be, it might go on without me.  Every year it has changed a little bit and last year I feel it was for the worse. I have met with Coach Holtz briefly and he seems like a great guy. I will soon have a longer sit-down with him to discuss the situation and perhaps I might pass the torch so someone else could run the show, again, I don’t know. I would like to get all of your thoughts to see what direction the event might go. even if you’ve never attended, what would you do?

-Mutt

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I enjoyed the event at Capogna.

Skip is already scheduled for a town hall meeting at The Venue in Clearwater on March 4th:

The Inside Skip #2: USF Heads Across the Bay 

Courtesy: USF

Release: 02/26/2010

TAMPA - The University of South Florida football program and new head coach Skip Holtz will hold the second "The Inside Skip" Town Hall meeting on the other side of the bridge at The Venue in Clearwater/St. Petersburg on Thursday, March 4. 

The FREE open forum will provide the public an opportunity to meet-and-greet the new leader of the USF football team.  The event will kick off at 6:30 p.m. and run for 90 minutes. 

Directions | Call 727-571-2222 for more information on The Venue

The Venue, which is located 2675 Ulmerton Road in Clearwater, is Tampa Bay's newest leader in entertainment and culinary elegance. Experience an all inclusive facility that serves as the backdrop for restaurants Takara and Viaggio, as well as 8 different themed areas including an Ultra Lounge, Martini Bar, Mediterranean Deck Bar, Champagne Lounge, Wine Room - and new Banquet Room - for private dining, and Upper Cabana Deck. Additionally, special accommodations are available for business meetings, private dining, wine tours, and personal celebrations.

Holtz will address those in attendance briefly before opening the floor to questions.  Any and all questions will be answered during the 90-minute session. There will also be an allotted time for autographs and pictures with Holtz.

The Bulls are already gearing up for an exciting 2010 season, which will feature seven home games and highly-anticipated trips to face the Florida Gators and Miami Hurricanes.  Holtz and his new staff are busy installing a new offense and defense while also preparing for spring football, which begins on March 16.

The St. Pete Town Hall meeting is one day after the USF Campus "Inside Skip" on March 3 at the Corral.

USF will provide light fare and free non-alcoholic drinks to those in attendance.  Self and valet parking are available outside the main entrance to The Venue.

USF is also currently planning a Town Hall meeting in the Palma Ceia area of Tampa.

For more information on The Inside Skip, call 1-800-GoBulls or 813-974-2125.

As usual, the USF ticket team will be on hand for those fans that want to renew their seats or become first-time season ticket holders.

Coach Holtz has made a concerted effort since Signing Day (Feb. 6) to make as many public appearances as possible.  In addition to private meetings with donors and local businesses, Holtz has spoken at rotary clubs, local radio stations and spent extensive time with local, regional and national media outlets.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=204896245

• Content Count:  7,890

I blame the court side cabana

• Content Count:  12,472
  • Days Won:  25

Where am I supposed to get my annual giant sized mug form?

We've been there for the last few years. BY FAR the best event outside of the football games we attend.

My personal opinion is, that everyone who suggest what YOU should do, should volunteer. Me included. I would love to help keep this tradition going.

Call me.

• Content Count:  89

Me too, I love that event. Just tell me where to be and what to do

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

I have never been, but I was planning on making this year the first time. I say keep it, I want to see what it is all about.

Archived