• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McDonald's All-Americans?

Guest nybullsfan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Well making the NCAAT will help. Places players in the NBA also helps. Show these guys that they can have on court success here and get to the next level then we could become attractive to the elite players. Meantime we will have to continue to get who we can coach em up and hope that they can compete and win in a league full of elite players.

• Content Count:  140
  • Days Won:  0

• Content Count:  624

I heard yesterday on ESPN that North Carolina currently has 7 McDonald's All-Americans on their roster. Look at what they are doing. We just need some higher profile kids to take a chance on South Florida. Maybe a couple 4 or 5 stars and we would be a consistent 17-20 win team.

• Content Count:  259

Oklahoma has like an entire starting five of McD's All-Americans and they are awful this year.

Oklahoma has like an entire starting five of McD's All-Americans and they are awful this year.

No having a bunch of McDonald's All Americans doesn't guarantee success. You have to have team Chemistry for it to work. I like to think that you shouldn't have more then 2 or 3 on the roster mixed with some good role players. I like how Michigan St and Uconn build their rosters.

• Content Count:  4,016

No having a bunch of McDonald's All Americans doesn't guarantee success. You have to have team Chemistry for it to work. I like to think that you shouldn't have more then 2 or 3 on the roster mixed with some good role players. I like how Michigan St and Uconn build their rosters.

Jim Calhoun does a good job of it too at Uconn, always sprinkling in projects, and mid-level guys with his all-americans-- a kid like Edwards fits that he was not an all-american but is playing at a high level now as a senior.  He get's the McD's that buy into the team concept, his team has 5 on it right now in Oriahki, McCoombs-Daniels, Majok, Robinson, and Walker.  They're struggling a bit, but mark my words I expect jim will get them to put on a mini-end-of-season run....and perhaps finish up to make the tourney....they have a strong resume despite. 

He is building a nice team for the future with a great nucleus of top notch players to go with a good balance of role players.  Despite losing Edwards, Dyson, and Robinson, Next year after Oriakhi, Major, and McCoombs-Daniels get a year under their belts, with Walker, Okawondu, and Beverely that's a good looking team with size and ability.  Throw in another solid recruiting class with Roscoe Smith and Lamb, and maybe an elite talent...and they're back again.

the UNC meltdown is really a quandary...while I agree a chemstry is important but they are sickly loaded with talent, size, and athletism.  Far to much to be something like 14-13 right now.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,704
  • Days Won:  108

From out of left field..................

...................................If Jose Jose had signed, he looks like a McDonalds All American.

Oh wait, you aren't talking about eating at all the McDonald's in America?

Jim Calhoun does a good job of it too at Uconn, always sprinkling in projects, and mid-level guys with his all-americans-- a kid like Edwards fits that he was not an all-american but is playing at a high level now as a senior.  He get's the McD's that buy into the team concept, his team has 5 on it right now in Oriahki, McCoombs-Daniels, Majok, Robinson, and Walker.  They're struggling a bit, but mark my words I expect jim will get them to put on a mini-end-of-season run....and perhaps finish up to make the tourney....they have a strong resume despite. 

He is building a nice team for the future with a great nucleus of top notch players to go with a good balance of role players.  Despite losing Edwards, Dyson, and Robinson, Next year after Oriakhi, Major, and McCoombs-Daniels get a year under their belts, with Walker, Okawondu, and Beverely that's a good looking team with size and ability.  Throw in another solid recruiting class with Roscoe Smith and Lamb, and maybe an elite talent...and they're back again.

the UNC meltdown is really a quandary...while I agree a chemstry is important but they are sickly loaded with talent, size, and athletism.  Far to much to be something like 14-13 right now.

Yeah UNC has to be the biggest disappointment in college basketball this season.

It will interesting to see if Calhoun comes back next season. I think he will but there have been rumors to suggest that he will step down.

Btw they are on a roll now which is another reason why USF really needed to win at home against a poor St John's team.

• Content Count:  4,016

Yeah UNC has to be the biggest disappointment in college basketball this season.

It will interesting to see if Calhoun comes back next season. I think he will but there have been rumors to suggest that he will step down.

Btw they are on a roll now which is another reason why USF really needed to win at home against a poor St John's team.

Someone i was talking to seems to think that 1 more win gets us into the NIT, and if we go 17-14, and 7-11 that could put us in 12th place, and not necessarily make us a shoe-in for the NIT...since the NIT has frowned on taking teams in power conferences with seriously weak conference records.  The past few years they've been reluctant to take an BE team with worse than an 8-10 conference record.  One win in our next five and we're sweating it out on selection sunday...two wins and we'll be safe for the NIT.

Archived