• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Holtz's schedule this week....tune in

KB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Got a chance to meet Coach Holtz on Saturday and man, what an impressive individual. Total people person and you can tell he is truly excited about being here. He talked about getting out in the public and going on the radio, doing all of the luncheons, and meeting with alumni, and how that is a must to get the community excited about USF football. I am really excited about him being here and can't wait to see spring ball and see what he's all about on the field!

the head coach should be a people person and most championship college coaches are!!

really?  really?

I think there should be some differentiation since myths like to be created around here.  leavitt was a 'people person' but he was not a 'media person'....let's not fake bs just because you're a curmudgeon that lives in California and didn't get to witness Leavitt's day-to-day interaction.  Lots of coaches that have won championships have not been great 'media personalities' Bear Bryant comes to mind in college,and Belichick in the NFL... remember Petrino was awful with the media at Louisville, and Krag's was great.... :o   Anyway Skip clearly outshines Leavitt in the media relations department which is great as long as you win which i am sure skip will do.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  651

Feld, did you attend the football alumni get together?  How was it?  Was it well attended?

KB, I did. It was good, Im not sure how many guys showed up, but it was a good turnout. We had a little pre-game meet n greet with him in the Green n Gold room downstairs and then watched the game from the Cabana. Nice to finally meet him.

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

bump - he's on 1010 right now.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I got to hear him today at the Mainsail luncheon.....wow, what a speaker in person.....he took the time to meet those who wanted to meet him and I can truely see kids wanting to play for this guy.....a lot to be proved on the field yet, but off the field he is great....great speach, he had the entire rooms attention and did a great job explaining who he was and his plan for the program as a whole....

• Content Count:  1,981

What was going on at Mr Dunderbak's last night? It looked like there was a USF related event there earlier.

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

What was going on at Mr Dunderbak's last night? It looked like there was a USF related event there earlier.

JP Peterson did his show from there with Holtz on air for an hour.  You should have went in.  I heard they were giving away Tshirts.

Anyone on here get one?

Archived