• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Groundbreaking for Muma Basketball Center on March 3

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  640
  • Days Won:  0

solar panels would allow the GOLDen rays of the sun to make our dome environmentally GREEN! hahaha

Obama should write us a check for the solar panels; this is would stimulate the economy. lol

Solar energy technology already carries no sales tax in the state of Florida.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

nice!

• Content Count:  95

Solar panel is a brilliant idea. This can give USF alot of good publicity since the sun dome will be the first sport venue to do this. I dont see any harm.

Some one get this done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Content Count:  4,016

what sounds real interesting and great is this is going to be at the southside of the Dome, facing the parking lot.  So it looks like they'll be cutting quite a bit of parking out in that area.  But what I really like is it finally gives the SunDome a front facade that is all USF in appearance.  It won't look like some homogeneous bland white washed dome anymore with no real USF characteristics, and that is what will be greeting everyone when they pull into the parking lot.  It also says it will provide access to the Dome through that area...so it should provide a very USF type mezzanine foyer that will be very enticing to recruits and fans too.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

For the younger readers, the Sun Dome once had a fabric roof somewhat like Tropicana field.  Difference being the Sun Dome roof was held up with air, rather than permanently affixed like the Trop.  I'm not sure the exact reason the roof became permanent, but I do know it happened at a time when the fabric was due to be replaced.  I would imagine maintenance costs and perhaps energy costs were lower with the more traditional roof.

The old fabric roof did allow in sunlight to help with lighting, thus the name.

Guest nybullsfan

For the younger readers, the Sun Dome once had a fabric roof somewhat like Tropicana field.  Difference being the Sun Dome roof was held up with air, rather than permanently affixed like the Trop.  I'm not sure the exact reason the roof became permanent, but I do know it happened at a time when the fabric was due to be replaced.  I would imagine maintenance costs and perhaps energy costs were lower with the more traditional roof.

The old fabric roof did allow in sunlight to help with lighting, thus the name.

I used to love the WHOOOOSH of all the air trying to get out with the people after the events. It would literally blow you out the doors.

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Sun Dome and UF's arena are the exact same building design - I think they both got the hard cap at the same time.

• Content Count:  329

One of the main problems with the old roof, was certain doors to the dome had to be monitored by staff. Certain doors couldn't be opened at the same time or it would affect the air pressure inside of the dome.

Archived