• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Time to start thinking NCAA tournament

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

after today, all 8 games are winnable

we arent going to win all 8, but i wouldnt count us out of any of them

i was kinda starting to worry about gus affecting chemistry as well, but we cant expect our role players to keep playing at the level they are, we need to get him integrated back into the team, because our only chance to do serious damage in the BE tourny and maybe even the NCAA is to have him and dojo playing at their highest level together

Precisely.

When you go into Georgetown and win, that is huge.  Georgetown protects their house and they are an excellent team that just took out the Dukies in a rout.

This team is growing in confidence by the game.

I think Gilchrist now comes back slow, gradually getting more minutes in rotation so as not to disrupt chemistry. 

But every game is winnable.  None will be cakewalks and each and every team we play will be taking us seriously now, but we can hang with our Big East brethren.

Right now we have a strong case for getting into the NCAAs.  That CMU loss doesn't look good, though these are people that analyze the teams, not computers.  They'll see it was the first game without Gilchrist and that the wind might have been out of our sails a bit.

But we did pummel Virginia early on and they are tied atop the ACC.

We barely lost to a South Carolina team that gave Kentucky their only loss thus far.

The worst thing was the four game losing streak to open up Big East play, but since then we've won five of six and picked up two big wins.  Granted, Pitt is slipping right now, but they are still a good team. 

I think that we'd get in right now if the season had just ended.  There are eight games left, so if we win five I think we get in with our resume, especially if we pick up a win in round 1 of the BET.  Right now we'd play Marquette in round 1, but the more games we win the more we move up.  A strong finish could move us up to the sixth seed or thereabouts.  20 wins and a win in the BET likely get us in.  And if we can beat ND in South Bend then I think that loss is glossed over. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  270

if we fininish conference play at .500 we stand a chance at an at-large bid...which was unkninkable at the beginning of the season.  The PIT is now a certainty and the NCAA is definately within reach.  Just incredible.  I graduated during the Radenko Dobras era and I haven't ben so pumped up about the bulls since then (even during the Altron Jackson.BB Walden era.)  It's a great day for USF basketball; I could not be more proud of my alma mater at this point.

Go Bulls and please keep rolling.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

A first round game in Jax or New Orleans would be very doable for last minute plans.

Jax would be a great one day trip for an afternoon game. 

If we ended up there I would hope we'd be planning to stay there a couple of days.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Gotta keep up this level of play!  Those #'s are tournament worthy, if the selections were today... long way to go.

• Content Count:  166

USF....bubble talk?? Gotta love it. After last night's win it feels like they're starting to turn some legitamite heads.  Like many others have said, one game at a time, atleast .500 in the BE is a must, and a few wins in the BE tourney would be golden. 

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Gotta keep up this level of play!  Those #'s are tournament worthy, if the selections were today... long way to go.

Yep.

It would certainly help in a very big way if USF can win @ND and split the season series with them. We may very well be vying with ND for the last NCAA selection from the Big East and losing to them twice, even if we have a considerably better SOS and RPI, might end up being the deciding factor in their favor.   

• Content Count:  12,293

I personally think we need to get to 21 wins to get the Big Dance. Our OOC wasn't the strongest. We are playing awesome. One at a time.

ND next!

when you play in the big east you dont need a real tough OOC schedule.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Yep.

It would certainly help in a very big way if USF can win @ND and split the season series with them. We may very well be vying with ND for the last NCAA selection from the Big East and losing to them twice, even if we have a considerably better SOS and RPI, might end up being the deciding factor in their favor.   

good point, and they certainly have a bigger following and MORE star power (name recognition) in Harongody.

We really need this game, and they are going to be up for it too!

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

I personally think we need to get to 21 wins to get the Big Dance. Our OOC wasn't the strongest. We are playing awesome. One at a time.

ND next!

when you play in the big east you dont need a real tough OOC schedule.

Neither do the Gaytors in the SEC football-wise but USF fans constantly rip them for it.

Archived