• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If we land two out of Chandler, Robey, and Taylor....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Oh, and I'm going to throw this out there. If USF were to get 2/3, or even 3/3, of those names in addition to T-Rex and the rest of the class, Skip Holtz is going to dominate the recruiting scene and turn USF into the powerhouse we all dream it will be. He would hands down deserve to be recruiter of the year.

As of now, I think he is just going to be a very solid coach that builds USF up to another rung.

Well it would show that Holtz and staff could close the deal, which is huge.  Leavitt and staff built the majority of these relationships so Holtz had to finish.  Gunsby, Welch and Hans Louis I think are all Holtz.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Scherdin

I look at this years job as a success, we were able to get T-Rex, some size on the O-line, grab a possible BIG qb and separate ourselves from some potential problems.

I would say that is pretty good for a months worth of work, anything else we get is icing on the cake

• Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  0

If we land one of them and keep Jose and the other solid commits this class is out of this world considering the environment. in my own opinion, of course

If we keep Jose and our solid commits and get a Hans Louis to switch here and there it will be a success haha

I agree keeping Jose is huge

• Content Count:  578

I look at this years job as a success, we were able to get T-Rex, some size on the O-line, grab a possible BIG qb and separate ourselves from some potential problems.

I would say that is pretty good for a months worth of work, anything else we get is icing on the cake

+1

Also losing on certain recruits (Carnes and Sanders) and immediately picking up replacements (Welch and Gunsby) is huge. You see too many times where coaches are spurned by recruits and aren't able to catch back up in the race. Nebraska for example probably won't sign a QB this season if Carnes sticks at WKU. Their other recruits committed elsewhere assuming Carnes was signing there. Getting a recruit to flip from an SEC school is also good for recruiting momentum.

• Content Count:  1,261

The odds of getting 0 of the 3 are much better than getting just 1 of the 3.

My odds:

0-3 65%

1-3 25%

2-3 10%

3-3 0%

Also, Jose will be at UCF.

Holtz did a fine job for coming in so late.  Most peopel will think we "lost" certain players when in fact the staff just went in a different direction.

• Content Count:  1,079

I see 1 of those three and I wouldn't be suprised with 0. Hope I'm wrong but with that said I think we have a very nice class and not dissapointed in it at all.

• Content Count:  879

Robey is going to USC if you can believe what was announced on 620 this afternoon.

• Content Count:  239

recruiting.scout.com/2/943295.html

Robey between WVU and USC

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

we'll get chandler

Archived