• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Greg Auman: Gunsby commits & recruiting update on some players

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

In that same thread, the next guy says that Louisville shouldn't be pissed because TC had only said that he "liked" Louisville, he had never committed.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,240
  • Days Won:  0

Are we going to have a good QB battle in the spring? New offense to learn which evens the playing field a bit. I think BJ had better have a strong spring or he could get jumped or be splitting time with someone. Landi is going to have to be in the mix or maybe they have someone else (walk on or transfer) that can come in to push BJ. BJ will probably win in 2010 but after that who knows. This kid has great size but BJ seems to have a much stronger arm. At the end of the day it's going to be about accuracy and reading defenses, may the best man win.

how in the world can you come to that conclusion? this guy will probably be redshirted

we have a big time talent at qb that had a good freshman year and youre talking about him in a qb battle with a true freshman 3 star whos never even practiced on a college team?

lets just hope he becomes a good backup and possible starter in 3 years maybe?

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Some UL fan posted Greg's blurb about Chandler on their message board.

Evidently there is some new "developments" on him. Not sure what that's about.

MikeHughes

Editor and Publisher

Rating: 3.8/5 this site

11406 posts this site

Ignore this Member

Nominate | ReportPosted: Today 9:58 PM

Re: Chandler Update:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Todd Chandler new development in the War Room.

rate it   Reply | Quote

73CardAll-American

Rating: 3.2/5 this site

4347 posts this site

Ignore this Member

Nominate | ReportPosted: Today 10:08 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahhhh Mike.......  banghead.gif

rate it   Reply | Quote

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=17&f=2759&t=5550453

The posts that come after the "new developments" post seem to suggest it might not have been good news for Louisville...

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Some UL fan posted Greg's blurb about Chandler on their message board.

Evidently there is some new "developments" on him. Not sure what that's about.

MikeHughes

Editor and Publisher

Rating: 3.8/5 this site

11406 posts this site

Ignore this Member

Nominate | ReportPosted: Today 9:58 PM

Todd Chandler new development in the War Room.

rate it   Reply | Quote

73CardAll-American

Rating: 3.2/5 this site

4347 posts this site

Ignore this Member

Nominate | ReportPosted: Today 10:08 PM

Ahhhh Mike.......  banghead.gif

rate it   Reply | Quote

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=17&f=2759&t=5550453

The posts that come after the "new developments" post seem to suggest it might not have been good news for Louisville...

That's why I posted it here.  ;)

Rivals got a FREE story up:

January 31, 2010

Alan Dell

USFBullsEYE.com Managing Editor

Jamius Gunsby said choosing USF over in state rival Florida was easy for him and on Sunday morning committed to the Bulls.

Jamius Gunsby says he chose USF over Florida

The 6-5, 225 pound quarterback said he was first contacted by new USF head coach Skip Holtz two weeks ago after he made an official visit to Florida.

NOTE: Todd Chandler said he has narrowed his final four down to USF, Syracuse, Louisville and Colorado State and will not talk to the media until signing day on Wednesday when he announces his choice.

Gunsby said the Gators, Mississippi State and USF were in his final three, but there was really no competition.

"I picked USF because of the coaches. I really like them and feel comfortable with them," the LaGrange (Ga) High quarterback said after returning home from his visit. "I liked what I saw there and felt it was a good place for me. It felt like home and a place where I could do some good things."

Gunsby said coach Holtz approached him Sunday morning and said 'we made our decision about you, now what is your decision about us?'"'

"I told them I am coming. It's a good fit," Gunsby said. "The coaches seem to like the style of quarterback that I play and that I am a big quarterback. They didn't talk about the kind of offense they would run, but said I would fit in nicely.

"In high school, I ran some shot gun and some option where I went under center and played some wing-t. I can play in the spread. It doesn't matter to me.

"Whatever offense they put in, I just need to learn it as fast as possible and be ready when my time comes."

Gunsby said he is aware that he will be behind quarterback B.J. Daniels, who will only be a sophomore, but that situation doesn't bother him.

"Coach Holtz didn't say anything to me about taking a redshirt. It matters to me because I want to play, but you have to earn it," Gunsby said. "I know B.J. Daniels is a very good player and will be good competition for me.

"It doesn't bother me that he is only a sophomore. I feel real good about my decision. It was the right one for me."

Gunsby only visited Florida and USF and said he enjoyed the trip to the Bulls campus a lot more.

Right now the 18-year-old is busy playing basketball with his high school team that is undefeated in 20 games with him averaging a double-double (17 points, 10 rebounds).

"I am the tallest guy on the team and they use me at power forward and center," Gunsby said. "Some people have thought I could go to college for basketball and maybe I could. But football has always been what I wanted to play in college."

http://usf.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1046510

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

73card,

How could we lose this guy to Skippy Holtz? or Cuse Colorado State???????

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't know we was beneath them.  :lolnew

73card,

How could we lose this guy to Skippy Holtz? or Cuse Colorado State???????

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't know we was beneath them.  :lolnew

First, let's see if THEIR coach can win his first ever game as a head coach. Everybody knows he can recruit.

These guys are manic depressive.

At least we got them worried a little.  ;D

Surprising development with Chandler? 

By Mike Hughes

Editor and Publisher

Date: Jan 31, 2010

Todd Chandler, a three-star defensive lineman from Miami (FL) Northwestern, appeared a lock for Louisville heading into Wednesday's National Signing Day. But a weekend visit to South Florida has created a surprising new buzz about his recruitment.

http://louisville.scout.com/a.z?s=17&p=2&c=942770&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2flouisville.scout.com%2f2%2f942770.html

USF nation also has a premium story up about Todd. The blurb says they spoke with him since his visit. I'd post the link, but I don't think the mods want me to do that for premium articles, since this is a free site. I probably shouldn't have done it for the UL story, but I CAN'T DELETE ON THIS FREAKING BOARD.  ;)  ;D

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

USF nation also has a premium story up about Todd. The blurb says they spoke with him since his visit. I'd post the link, but I don't think the mods want me to do that for premium articles, since this is a free site. I probably shouldn't have done it for the UL story, but I CAN'T DELETE ON THIS FREAKING BOARD.  ;)  ;D

Mama, can you start a new post for chandler? It looks like we might need it over the next couple days. I'm not posting on this yet because I don't want to stir up the natives.

Archived