• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OL recruits

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Kibler reaffirmed his commitment.

OL Tony Kibler back at Okeechobee, still headed to South Florida

by Jason Lieser

1/22

Former Glades Day offensive lineman Tony Kibler changed high schools again, but has not budged on his commit to the University of South Florida.

After two semesters and one football season at Glades Day, Kibler is back at Okeechobee. He was an all-state offensive lineman for the Brahmans in 2008.

kibler-150x150.jpg

Kibler

Kibler (6-6, 315, No. 17 on The Big Board) was upset when USF fired head coach Jim Leavitt, but said he already has gotten to know new coach Skip Holtz and remains excited about playing for the Bulls.

“I was 100 percent sure and still am,†he said, referring to his original commitment in June.

“When they fired Coach Leavitt, I was really hesitant at first. I had basically fallen in love with Coach Leavitt. He came to my school, came to visit me.

“I started to talk to a few more universities because they kept calling my phone, but I wanted to wait. I wasn’t going to change anything until I went up there and met (Holtz).â€

Apparently, the meeting went well.

As far as changing high schools, Kibler said his mother was reassigned and it was easier for his family to have him transfer back to Okeechobee instead of staying at Glades Day.

By transferring mid-year, Kibler now is ineligible for FHSAA sports.

“It’s too bad because I thought I’d give baseball a whirl,†Kibler said. “It would’ve been pretty fun.â€

As usual, it was hard to tell if he was serious.

Kibler said he enjoyed his two semesters at Glades Day and there was no animosity over his departure.

“I love Glades Day and Glades Day loves me,†he said. “I just had to move. I didn’t really want to have to move, but it was for best.â€

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/highschoolbuzz/2010/01/22/ol-tony-kibler-back-at-okeechobee-still-headed-to-south-florida/

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently, after visiting USF Eatmon is STILL undecided:

Confusion Reigns Supreme

DawgsBite.com (subscription) - Steve Robertson - ‎32 minutes ago‎

Eatmon and his mother were both able to take in the sites and sounds at MSU and USF. The concerned mother reports they are no closer to a decision.

I'm glad that Eatmon decided again to be a Bull.

Meanwhile, Jose Jose is visiting UCF this weekend:

UCF

The Knights have already landed a pretty amazing class, but they are hoping a big final push with about 20 campus visitors on Saturday will land them even more.

The prize? Brandon Gainer. The running back out of Miami Central already has three teammates committed to UCF, and if they can sway Gainer, the Knights will have made a significant mark on the 2010 recruiting world.

They will also be looking at Gainers teammates OL Jose Jose, a USF soft commitment, and DE LaBrandon Richardson. Others are going to be on campus, but Gainer is the cream here.

Brandon is one of those kids left out there that UCF still has a shot at getting, Lawrence said. Those Miami Central kids, that is a good situation for UCF and Gainer is the best target they realistically could land.

Chris Hays is the recruiting coordinator for the Sentinel. He can be reached at chays@orlandosentinel.com.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/recruiting/os-recruiting-prospector-hays-column-0127,0,3466783.column

Also, Darron Rose won't be here:

"Once the whole deal with Coach Leavitt went down, I was done with USF," Rose said. "That coaching staff (and offensive line coach Mike Simmonds, who coached him at Jefferson) was the coaches that I knew."

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2010/01/exfsu-tackle-rose-wont-be-coming-to-usf.html#comments

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

UCF's class is shaping up far better than ours. Such excitement in December and now a ton of negative news.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

UCF's class is shaping up far better than ours. Such excitement in December and now a ton of negative news.

Relatively speaking, UCF has done better.  For UCF, they've done very well.  I'll still take our class over theirs every time.  With the coaching change, some turnover in recruits was to be expected.  We're hearing about those not coming to USF, I expect to hear a few new names soon of those that ARE coming.

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

I have a feeling Jose goes to UCF with his high school buddies. 

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

I have a feeling Jose goes to UCF with his high school buddies. 

Is it possible Holtz is backing off of him.  I read something about Gentry looking at USF.  If Jose is going to UCF this weekend, does Holtz pull his offer?

• Content Count:  259

Relatively speaking, UCF has done better.  For UCF, they've done very well.  I'll still take our class over theirs every time.  With the coaching change, some turnover in recruits was to be expected.  We're hearing about those not coming to USF, I expect to hear a few new names soon of those that ARE coming.

Honestly I would trade. Of course they have more scholarships but I'd trade the top 15 for our top 15 any day. They have like 6 OL and 2 QBs which are such key positions and ones where I think we can use depth. Especially if they add any of the MNW kids (I think they grab all the Central guys since its how kids down there seem to do things) then that class is phenomenal by non-BCS standards and on paper better than ours.

• Content Count:  5,241

They can have a better recruiting class, but we are 4-0 and thats the only stat that matters.

Archived