• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OL recruits

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  23
  • Days Won:  0

Quinterrius Eatmon 6-6/335

Jack Kaufman 6-8/335

Jose Jose 6-1/330

Austin Reiter 6-4/250

Justin Green 6-4/298

Tony Kibler 6-5/285

I could not be happier with this group!  I think we may lose Eatmon but that would be ok with some of the others we already have.  This group of OL could be an absolute HR with a late addition of Torrian Wilson!  Not sure that will happy but I know be crazy excited with his addition to the group. 

Another positive to note is the "youth" of our current offensive line!  Most if not all of these guys will RS and that would be huge for use moving forward.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nobullhere

Very impressive group of OL's and also RB's, but we don't seem to be making much headway in recruiting of other positions especially WR and DB, and Carnes is still a question mark as to whether he will eventually sign. Much work to be done!

• Content Count:  23

The stuff I have been reading on Carnes says after this weekend he is pretty solid.  He has never been on an airplane before and he wants to use this opportunity (free trips) to visit some of the other place in the U.S.  Cant really blame this kids for wanting to "milk" the system and take all of their visits.  I believe he is solid like he says.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

The stuff I have been reading on Carnes says after this weekend he is pretty solid.  He has never been on an airplane before and he wants to use this opportunity (free trips) to visit some of the other place in the U.S.  Cant really blame this kids for wanting to "milk" the system and take all of their visits.  I believe he is solid like he says.

Did he know that Canales was let go, before he said he was solid?

It would be better for recruiting and the future of the program if he came out and said he was a solid USF commit and did not take any other visits.

I understand why he wants to visit Nebraska, especially since his cousin was a star there and he'll get a royal reception, but he could help solidify other commits and help get verbals from other players by not doing so. He should act as the future team leader and set the example for the rest of the class.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

Regarding Jose ... do we expect him to stay on the O-Line or does he have the skills to play on the D-Line ?

Granted, he'll RS in 2010.

Regarding Jose ... do we expect him to stay on the O-Line or does he have the skills to play on the D-Line ?

Somebody mentioned in another thread that he could move to DL. I wasn't aware of that.

• Content Count:  95

Most of these OL probably play both ways in HS, so Im sure if he wants to he can switch, but I would love a 330-350 lb DT to stuff the run.

Most of these OL probably play both ways in HS, so Im sure if he wants to he can switch, but I would love a 330-350 lb DT to stuff the run.

Understand that, just was curious if anyone thought he had the skills to play, not just a big body ... although they does help  8-)

Understand that, just was curious if anyone thought he had the skills to play, not just a big body ... although they does help  8-)

Flashback article:

JOSEJOSE1NA081200.JPG

October 3, 2008

Barton Simmons

Rivals.com Football Recruiting

Jose Jose has always been easy to find. Rarely has Jose, a guard for Miami Booker T. Washington, not been the biggest player on the field, and it's just as rare when he is not one of the best as well.

Last season, Jose ? who is 6 feet 2 and 325 pounds ? was a sophomore starter on Washington's undefeated Class 5A state championship team. This spring, Jose continued to dominate on the camp circuit, mauling smaller players and pushing around upperclassmen. So far in his junior season, Jose is picking up where he left off.

"I feel like I've been playing the best I've ever played," Jose said. "I'm playing guard and then I've been playing defense mainly on fourth downs at nose guard."

On offense, Jose is all about being "dominant at the line of scrimmage." Defensively, his goal is to "blow up gaps and allow the linebackers to make plays."

The two-way duty is something Jose attributes to his offseason work. While he is a space-eater on defense and a road-grader on offense, he is more sleek and athletic than before.

"I changed my diet up a little bit so that I could drop a couple of pounds," he said. "I just ran extra and lifted harder this summer. Right now, I'm at 325 and I was somewhere near 350. It's definitely showing on the field because there's no way last year I could've played both ways full time. It feels so easy for me now. I feel a lot lighter."

At 355, Jose actually was somewhat nimble. But now that he has lost 30 pounds, he has taken his game to another level. He also likely will be taking his body to another game as well.

"I will be playing basketball for varsity," he said. "Last year, I had a high ankle sprain that kept me home. I talked to the coach this year and I made sure I got everything prepared for the season. That's another reason I wanted to lose the weight. I'm a good rebounder. I can box out.

"I don't care how tall I am, I can box anybody out."

Jose's participation in sports other than football throughout his childhood has contributed to his unique athleticism and allowed him to be able to move the way he does in such a big body.

"Always I've been into sports," he said. "I played basketball my whole life. I was too heavy for (little league) football but I always played flag football. My mom kept me in activities and kept me active."

Growing up, being the biggest kid wasn't always an advantage for Jose, but that is what pushed him to develop into the player he is now.

"Due to the fact that I was overweight, I always tried to outrun and out work the skinnier guys," he said. "It always drove me to be better and faster. I always wanted to be faster and stronger than the fastest guy, and even though I knew I couldn't, it helps me now."

A 325-pound guard with the feet to be a forward on the varsity basketball team is the type of profile college coaches drool over. Consequently, Jose received several oral offers over the summer from schools such as Boston College, West Virginia and Miami.

Now that schools can officially offer juniors, Jose has received written offers in the mail, some of which have come as a bit of a surprise.

"I've picked up numerous written offers from Miami, Central Florida, South Florida, Florida State, Troy, Alabama and Rutgers," he said. "I've always known that I wanted to go to college because my mother made sure of that and made it very clear that I was going to college. But I never thought that I'd have this many people looking at me this early. It's overwhelming, but my mother always tells me to be humble."

Two of his early offers really stood out.

"The Alabama and Florida State offers ? those two I was like, 'Whoa,' " he said. "I pretty much had a hint that Miami would offer because I know guys that are there, like Brandon Harris and Thearon Collier, but the Alabama and Florida State offers made me say, 'Wow.'

"They kind of hit me out of the blue; they hadn't sent me any letters or anything."

While many may think a Miami commitment is a foregone conclusion for Jose, he insists that isn't the case.

"I'm wide open," he said. "I love Miami. I love the school. But I have to think about me, what's best academically, athletically, socially. I'm wide open and I have to feel the right thing for me because anything can happen. I have to be somewhere that if I get hurt, then I can live there and be happy."

http://usf.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=858469

Appreciate it Mama !

Archived