• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Do you think...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

...we will see a significant increase in season ticket sales or student turnout for games this coming football season because of Coach Holtz?

• Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Student turn out has been great, so I can imagine that getting better. The season tickets should be good, but keep in mind that we dont have WVU and Miami on the home schedule like we did last season. I think 2011 will have a record setting year for attendance.

Guest nobullhere

I think it might just because of all the excitement. But scheduling Stony Brook,Western Kentucky,... doesn't help, and alll are biggest games are all on the road.

Guest nybullsfan

Hope so. He's saying all the right things and pushing all the right buttons. He might even convince them to bring in a new SID / Mktg team.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I think it might just because of all the excitement. But scheduling Stony Brook,Western Kentucky,... doesn't help, and alll are biggest games are all on the road.

yeah... our home games are incredibly weak

• Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

Ditto on the home schedule being weak.  But it could be our best year in attendance if one thing happens: we beat the Gators in Gainesville.  With the excitement over Holtz and his ways of reaching the fanbase, that would be the exclamation point early on.  People may turn out for Stony Brook just because of Holtz, so that opener might get good turnout.  A win in Gainesville means even the lesser games may get a bigger draw.  For conference games I expect Rutgers will draw.  Pitt should draw.  UConn might too.  Syracuse should be the weakest link in the conference schedule. 

But success early on and no collapse in October could means great turnout.  I think we reached around 50K on average this year.  Maintaining that is a possibility with a strong showing.  It also depends on when we get our Big East games on the schedule.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Ditto on the home schedule being weak.  But it could be our best year in attendance if one thing happens: we beat the Gators in Gainesville.  With the excitement over Holtz and his ways of reaching the fanbase, that would be the exclamation point early on.  People may turn out for Stony Brook just because of Holtz, so that opener might get good turnout.  A win in Gainesville means even the lesser games may get a bigger draw.  For conference games I expect Rutgers will draw.  Pitt should draw.  UConn might too.  Syracuse should be the weakest link in the conference schedule. 

But success early on and no collapse in October could means great turnout.  I think we reached around 50K on average this year.  Maintaining that is a possibility with a strong showing.  It also depends on when we get our Big East games on the schedule.

if we beat UF at the Swamp our fanbase might just collectively die from over excitement and insanely inflated expectations for the rest of Holtz's time at USF... lol

Guest nybullsfan

if we beat UF at the Swamp our fanbase might just collectively die from over excitement and insanely inflated expectations for the rest of Holtz's time at USF... lol

Can you imagine the meltdown if we beat the Gators and lose to the Orange? LOL

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

All the excitement is from people who already go to games. While I don't think attendance increases because of the hire, it may not decrease because of the fringe, bandwagoner fans who may have jumped off because of mid-season drop offs who will now give it another chance ..

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I think most will be in a "wait and see" mode.

Archived