• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Offensive philosophy next year should be....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  724
  • Days Won:  0

As long as we have a fairly balanced attack of about 45/55 Run to Pass I'll be happy. Utilize the screen with HB and Slot receivers, MAYBE the read option every so often, use the FB more, and focus on the intermediate passing game and the occasional deep threat with Griffin/Bogan. I like seeing Love as a crossing route over the middle receiver tbh. Last but not least, pound the rock with Ford and Taylor. I don't want to see Lamar on the field unless he is a slot receiver/HB hybrid like Harvin was at UF.

Speaking of lamar, I still didn't see this "supposed" crazy speed of his...he looked pretty ordinary to me.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as we have a fairly balanced attack of about 45/55 Run to Pass I'll be happy. Utilize the screen with HB and Slot receivers, MAYBE the read option every so often, use the FB more, and focus on the intermediate passing game and the occasional deep threat with Griffin/Bogan. I like seeing Love as a crossing route over the middle receiver tbh. Last but not least, pound the rock with Ford and Taylor. I don't want to see Lamar on the field unless he is a slot receiver/HB hybrid like Harvin was at UF.

Speaking of lamar, I still didn't see this "supposed" crazy speed of his...he looked pretty ordinary to me.

i think that is because he is small and doesnt know how to break out in the open field yet.

Guest nybullsfan

As long as we have a fairly balanced attack of about 45/55 Run to Pass I'll be happy.

I don't care what the ratio is as long as it works.

This is what makes me optimistic about Skip, he's willing to try anything that works, in order to fit it to the talent we have.

Wow what a difference from calling the same boneheaded plays over and pver

As long as we have a fairly balanced attack of about 45/55 Run to Pass I'll be happy.

I don't care what the ratio is as long as it works.

This is what makes me optimistic about Skip, he's willing to try anything that works, in order to fit it to the talent we have.

Wow what a difference from calling the same boneheaded plays over and pver

Like bj scrambling around against the same defense for an entire half and getting nothing done before realizing to just pound the rock.  We'd run the same offense over and over...some teams (RU, Pitt, Cinci, Miami) figure out how to stop it and then we make no adjustments and lose.  Other teams just couldn't stop it at all.  We need an offense that doesn't require bj to make all the big plays by himself.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

A winning one.

• Content Count:  571

throw "da bomb" every play.

works in Blitz...

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Are you still going to be doom and gloom every single game? 

No, now we have a coach that knows how to prepare his team for big games.

somebody should bookmark this. 

He will lose his mind in the very high probability that the Gators win in September.

Are you still going to be doom and gloom every single game? 

No, now we have a coach that knows how to prepare his team for big games.

somebody should bookmark this. 

He will lose his mind in the very high probability that the Gators win in September.

Nope, gaytors can win...bulls need to focus on winning the big east and not spend so much time worrying about miami and florida

Archived