• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Negatives on Coach Holtz ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  270
  • Days Won:  0

He might leave to soon.  ;D

Frontline winner...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,601
  • Days Won:  424

Only possible negative he may have brought was being in favor of renewing the series with the assclowns up I-4 .... His post game interview with Felios pretty much allayed my fears there.

• Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Only possible negative he may have brought was being in favor of renewing the series with the assclowns up I-4 .... His post game interview with Felios pretty much allayed my fears there.

He may not have a clue on what many think about that series.

He may not have a clue on what many think about that series.

Sounds like HE thinks like many do, though .... In answering that question, he was quick to point out the UF and UM games and THAT level of competition.

• Content Count:  4,738

he doesnt have awesome hair like leavitt

• Content Count:  578

Penalties. I'm excited for the hire but our gripe has always been penalties and his team averaged slightly more per game and slightly more yards per penalty last year. They lost 28 seniors (11 starters) so I can't blame it on inexperience.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

My negative is that we killed his ECU team in the Pizza Bowl 3 years ago.  Remember MG went down with an injury prior to halftime if I recall, and I don't think they even scored on us after that.  We did zero on offense the rest of the game.  I remember sitting in those stands for that game screaming that we were going to put up 40 in that bowl game.  Then MG went down and our offense was miserable the rest of the game.  I could be wrong but I think we only had 12 first downs in that game. 

Is it me, or does everyone else just forget this about Holtz?  His team couldn't even muster a FG in that second half when our team couldn't move the chains at all. 

I hope I'm wrong, but this hire didn't really excite me.  I liken it to a lateral move by the university.  All will be forgiven if he can win in conference on the road though, that was the biggest football issue I had with Leavitt.   

My negative is that we killed his ECU team in the Pizza Bowl 3 years ago.  Remember MG went down with an injury prior to halftime if I recall, and I don't think they even scored on us after that.  We did zero on offense the rest of the game.  I remember sitting in those stands for that game screaming that we were going to put up 40 in that bowl game.  Then MG went down and our offense was miserable the rest of the game.  I could be wrong but I think we only had 12 first downs in that game. 

Is it me, or does everyone else just forget this about Holtz?  His team couldn't even muster a FG in that second half when our team couldn't move the chains at all. 

I hope I'm wrong, but this hire didn't really excite me.  I liken it to a lateral move by the university.  All will be forgiven if he can win in conference on the road though, that was the biggest football issue I had with Leavitt.     

I think people don't put much weight into that because of his body of work since then ...

Archived