• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Assistant Coaches Rumors and Speculation

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

We needed a now D coordinator. Four of our guys on defense will be playing in the NFL next year and look at how many points we gave up.

Outside of the FSU game, our D underachieved.

not that I disagree with you, but it didn't help that our offense kept going 3 and out.

+1

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Yes, he was the DC when OSU won the 2002 championship.

He has good ties in Florida from his UCF days, and he still has great ties in Ohio and West Virginia, which means we should see some big ole farm boys in the future to shore up the trenches.

This hire is exciting. Skip is proving his smarts, he is making great hires from all over the board, and I can sense he knows the potential and opportunity here, and is putting together what could be a highly rated staff.

In addition, he probably had a hand in recruiting and developing a few guys you might know: James Laurinaitis, Malcolm Jenkins.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The hire of vaas at qb coach leaves me thinking the rumors of spurrier jr coaching wrs and being the new OC are true. is it ever the case where ocs are also the wr position coach?

Todd Fitch at ecu was the oc and qb coach. Since vaas is here I would think he is out despite the rumors he is going to be our oc. If he does come in, then phil micht actually stay at wr as a cheap wr coach.

Funny we complained about gregory and canales as oc, but this guy statistically and practically is worse if that was even possible. Ecu fans are praying and hoping this guy gets taken to usf, they say he is as vanilla as they come. The main words on his ecu bio is ball protection and ball possession. Worse thand gregory years, and he has no experience recruiting florida.

Everywhere you go sam, you seem to annoy people...is this intentional or is your thought process actually like this?

Do you really think Lawrence Dawsey is going to comeback to USF as WR coach after he got a significant raise at FSU for the same position?

Some of the things you say make me wonder if you are what some may call "mentally retarded"

Sdiaz annoys people on multiple boards and hes a rah-tard. 

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Synder would be huge in my opinion. His resume sounds great.

Offensive Coordinator has to be just as key right now. I like his OC, all you had to do is read that bio and love the way they describe his play calling,execution and ball protection.

Sit back and enjoy the ride folks, this is how a real coach assembles a staff. CJL chose safe picks with usf ties.

skip holtz is quite a treat

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

Synder would be huge in my opinion. His resume sounds great.

Offensive Coordinator has to be just as key right now. I like his OC, all you had to do is read that bio and love the way they describe his play calling,execution and ball protection.

Sit back and enjoy the ride folks, this is how a real coach assembles a staff. CJL chose safe picks with usf ties.

skip holtz is quite a treat

merging every thread related to assistant coaches is ******* retarded.  makes for a pain in the ass trying to read the bullspen

• Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  0

if true snyder was an excellent dc at ohio state in the early 2000's. 

"Snyder again reunited with Jim Tressel at Ohio State University and was coming off of his first season as the Buckeyes' defensive coordinator. In Snyder's four years at Ohio State, the Buckeyes posted a 40-11 overall record and tallied a 3-1 record in bowl games, including victories in the 2003 and 2004 Tostitos Fiesta Bowls. Snyder helped develop a number of outstanding players at Ohio State, including All-Americans Matt Wilhelm, Cie Grant, and A.J. Hawk. Both Wilhelm and Grant played key roles in Ohio State's 2002 national championship before going on to become NFL draft picks. Hawk led OSU with 141 tackles en route to becoming the No. 5 overall pick by the Green Bay Packers in the 2006 NFL Draft."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Snyder

The Ohio State stats are what I like the most. Very intriguing. I as a bit worried when I saw Marshall head coach, but the rest of his resume was solid.

Was he the DC when OSU won the title?

i dont think so...on wikipedia it says it was mark dantonio

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Ohio_State_Buckeyes_football_team

Archived