• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Courtside Cabana?!?!?! STAMPEDE!!!

Courtside Cabana? YES/NO  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

Hey Guys,

This is an issue which i was going to bring up last week after the Notre Dame game, but after the whole "Leavitt being fired" thing.  I thought i would let it wait. 

This whole "courtside cabana" thing has kinda thrown my USF hoops world into a tailspin.  Since the days of Greenberg, I have always watched the games as a member of the BAND or as a student/alumni sitting next to the band.  With this newly installed "courtside cabana" I am not allowed to sit there unless I pay $45 bucks!  Personally, I believe this is absurd and USF should do something immediately to change the seating to allow the "cabana" AND the section next to the band be STUDENTS, or MOVE the "cabana".  Just rope it off that way.  Right now the way the "cabana" is roped off, students are not allowed to sit next to the band.  AND as we saw last game...there was little to NOBODY over there.  I know there hasnt been many people over there all season, but this WILL change during conference play.

Well...I've included the number of the kind marketing assistant who is sort of heading this project and told him I would bring the issue to the board to see what we thought. 

Matt Roberts, Director of Corporate Sales (813) 974-6885 mcroberts@admin.usf.edu

He was kind enough to let me and my group past the ropes for the Notre Dame game, but said that every other game i'd have to pay.  Unless there was a way I could come up with a better alternative. 

Here is my idea, keep the "cabana" where it is...and rope it off so that students are still allowed to sit in the section next to the band. 

Hope you guys can shoot him an email...and STAMPEDE your opinion.

Heres a website for further info:http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=204866643

STAMPEDE!!!

GO BULLS!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,601
  • Days Won:  424

Here is my idea, keep the "cabana" where it is...and rope it off so that students are still allowed to sit in the section next to the band. 

That should be the ideal solution but the problem is they may have to have seats for people in the Cabana and that's the only place in nthat configuration ...

• Content Count:  2,726

Real men play tubas.

Heavy metal, Bay-bee!

pfft...lame. 

I'm down with the bass bro, but I can't put down that money-making machine known as the trumpet.  lol

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  98

The deal reads that a seat in that section is part of the Cabana ticket price. If you take those seats away, they can't sell the Cabana the same way. Where would those people's seats be?

I'll be interested to see the turnout this year, but the student section in the middle of the court is rarely completely full, even during conference play. At the ND game, that section was only about half full.

• Content Count:  98

True, though there were plenty of 'irish' in the building. I guess tonight will be a good test.

Couldn't they flip the Cabana around and use the other end? Probably not because there are season ticket holders there. I dunno.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,601
  • Days Won:  424

I'll be interested to see the turnout this year, but the student section in the middle of the court is rarely completely full, even during conference play. At the ND game, that section was only about half full.

That section was more than half full for ND ... not every seat was filled but way more than half.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

That section was more than half full for ND ... not every seat was filled but way more than half.

Nothing like trying to make another lame student turnout sound better. NO it was more than 1/2 full, it was winter break, then it will be there were exams, it was raining really hard that day. We never get a couple hundred students at best so there will always be plenty of room for students to sit. As for the cabana thing - if they can make $$ they are going to make you move - bottom line

• Content Count:  2,363

I couldn't tell from the link, but is that on the concourse level with the seats down by the band being below them?

UNCG, where I work, recently made a move to the Greensboro Coliseum, a much larger venue, and one of the options is the "Spartan Spot" which is a similar concept for sponsors or affinity groups. Trouble is, it's not exactly a "game time" atmosphere under one basket, though at least the away team is going the other way into the band and student section in the second half.

Oh, and you brass guys, have fun arguing over who's second best.  >:D

• Content Count:  2,478

I was way up in the 2nd level and that section around me was pretty full.

Archived