• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kirby Smart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Looks like he's been offered to make a lateral move to UGA for around $700k or so ... he'd be the 3rd highest paid assistant coach in college football if he accepts: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4813421

Wonder if USF through Neinas has contacted him about our HC position?  He's mulling it over, but it almost seems to me that he would jump at that chance unless he either wanted to stay put, or if he had something/someone else calling him about something even bigger.  UGA is Smart's alma mater and they want him BAD. 

Think there's any chance he's mulling our HC position too? 

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Seems young and lacking experience for a BCS head coach.  I think a guy like Skip Holtz would be higher on the list, or an assistant that has been coaching several years longer.

• Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

I hope he takes that UGA job as I am not too excited about him being the next USF head coach. I

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

He's a UGA alumnus, so I am not sure if we could get him if that report is true. $700K to be coordinator until they can Richt and promote him might be tough for us right now.

• Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

slick,

That would be awesome to have Richt as coach. Dont forget that his daughter was a USF volleyball player who married ex FSU QB Brad Johnson. Richt would have been a great fit if he was available. Sometimes timing is everything.

Richt would definitely be someone I'd like seeing here.

To go along with what Bull Daly said, timing IS everything ... a year or two later, Richt might have become available.  He was under some pretty heavy heat up here this season. 

• Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

Richt is available if USF wants to pay his buyout.  I'm not sure he'd make the move, but we could offer him.

I'm sure Neinas knows of coaches that may be interested in making a move.  I can see how USF would be appealing.  In the SEC Richt has to deal with Tennessee and Florida in his conference and a tough title game. 

The reality is you can look at the Tampa Bay area for recruiting, look at the Big East, and realize that there's no reason for the Bulls not to become to the Big East what Miami once was to the conference - the dominant power.  And that happening helps the Big East too.

• Content Count:  121
  • Days Won:  0

slick,

That would be awesome to have Richt as coach. Dont forget that his daughter was a USF volleyball player who married ex FSU QB Brad Johnson. Richt would have been a great fit if he was available. Sometimes timing is everything.

Richt married Johnson's sister.  I guess they dated while he coached in Tallahassee.

Richt is available if USF wants to pay his buyout.  I'm not sure he'd make the move, but we could offer him.

Richt's buyout is at $2 million: http://www.dawgsports.com/2007/12/22/151952/27  No chance he's available, at least to USF. 

Archived