• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Maybe CJL should have been a little more humble...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I'm not going by any book. I'm going by what the communications director said at the presser. When asked about if CJL had showed contrition would it have mattered, he said (paraphrasing) no, the incident itself was too damning to allow him to stay ...

I listened to the presser.  That's not what he said.  He said that Leavitt did not express remorse, so he could not speculate on what might have happened if Leavitt acted differently.  THEN he reiterated the Leavitt was fired for the incident itself, not other things unrelated to the incident.  He was referring to previous incidents, not Leavitt's conduct during the investigation.

From Greg's Blog:

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2010/01/genshaft-voice-mail-i-wish-he-would-have-said-im-sorry.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tampabaycom%2Fblogs%2Fusf+%28The+Bulletin+|+tampabay.com%29

In a message left by Genshaft to USF Prof. Laurence Branch, president of the Faculty Senate and a trustee of the university, she described a meeting between her, athletic director Doug Woolard and Leavitt. Here's what she said in the voice mail:

"We said to him, "Coach, here's this report. What do you have to say? Is there anything you can help us with on this? Do you apologize? ... What can we do?' He said, "I didn't do it. I didn't do it. I didn't do it. I didn't do it.

"And so we said, "There's a violation of conduct and this is very, very serious. And he said, "Well, I can tell you I didn't do it.' But the evidence is in this report....

"I wish he would have said, 'I'm sorry. I was in a fit of passion. I got over emotional' or whatever, but he didn't. And he's sticking to his guns.... This has been very, very, very difficult.'"t t

Asked if Leavitt could have saved his job by showing contrition during the investigation, USF spokesman Michael Hoad said he did not know, but that the findings showed a serious violation of the university's policies for conduct with students.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Didn't say I don't agree with the findings or what they had to do about it.  My post was I am sick of the negativity. 

Fans should see it for what it is.  Coach supposedly made a mistake.  He was called on it.  He is gone as a result  (like most of us would be in our jobs).  Now it is time to move on.

However, the people on here including this thread, are beating him up and everything else about USF includign Genshaft, woolard, etc.  Others are rejoicing though those with any common sense reallize the harm which has been done by this ( true or not). 

I have spent the better part of the past 15 years supporting USF and USF Athletics, and to see the crap coming out of people who have little more than a degree from USF, sickens me.  I don't have to tolerate it, and I can express my opinion as much as the jackasses on this board.  I am expressing my freedom of speech tonight as I am about over it all.  Maybe you were just in the cross hairs, but in my past you have consistently been one of the negative posters on this board. 

no doubt Im a negative poster in your opinion.  but ask anyone I didnt like Leavitt when we were #2 in the nation.  I dont like his personality, I have never been shy to express my opinion about it.  i would rather have  a guy like Tuberville who looks and acts classy on the sideline and i feel is a better x and o's coach.  Thats just me, what if that happens and usf wins the big east next year.  Does that mean I was the positive poster promoting a change that worked while you were detrimental to the program because you always defended Leavitt who had us at tied for 3rd at best?  

I supported USF since 1997 when I first attended here, I have more than a degree.  My freshman year was our teams inaugural season.  I know hundreds of people that went/go to usf, including former players. Just because I never liked the direction of where our coach, and held the same opinion for a long time (before it was cool) of him not getting us over the hump doesnt make me less of a fan than you.  So take your almighty opinion and shove it in your ass...ok partner?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

Asked if Leavitt could have saved his job by showing contrition during the investigation, USF spokesman Michael Hoad said he did not know, but that the findings showed a serious violation of the university's policies for conduct with students.

I thought that was his initial response but he came back to it later and specifically said it wouldn't have mattered .... Is there another vid of the whole presser besides greg's link? It cuts off after Doug's statement ...

Archived