• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mitchell going to the draft

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

why would anyone feel comfortable playing with the dishonest administration still in place?  Good luck Carlton, we will miss you.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

Judy and Doug should have provided a grief counselor for the other 95% of the team.

I wish Carlton the best, but I too think another year is best.  He might feel there will be a backslide of the program in 2010 and his chances will be less.

• Content Count:  16,446
  • Days Won:  43

Brad and chatter,

You all were right about this " chatter " stuff. Just wanted to point that out as it does not feel right firing Leavitt. Maybe it is too eary, and more players will come out against Leavitt.  It seems like most of the team is upset because Leavitt was fired which was not the same situation at Texas Tech and Kansas.

• Content Count:  7,890

USF junior WR Mitchell entering NFL draft

One more piece of news Friday night, as USF junior receiver Carlton Mitchell, the team's top deep threat for the past three seasons, is skipping his senior year to enter the NFL draft.

Mitchell, a 6-foot-4 and 212-pound receiver from Gaither, led the Bulls with 40 catches for 706 yards, setting the school's single-season and career records for receiving yards. Mitchell told the Times last week that he had no plans of leaving USF for the draft, but changed his mind and became the second USF underclassman to enter the draft, joining junior defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul. Mitchell reached his decision before Friday's news that USF had fired coach Jim Leavitt, so the two transactions aren't directly related.

USF likely has at least six draft picks in the 2010 draft, more than the past four years combined, with defensive end George Selvie, linebacker Kion Wilson, cornerback Jerome Murphy and safety Nate Allen all likely draft picks in addition to Pierre-Paul and Mitchell.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2010/01/usf-junior-wr-mitchell-entering-nfl-draft.html#comments

• Content Count:  2,478

USF junior WR Mitchell entering NFL draft

One more piece of news Friday night, as USF junior receiver Carlton Mitchell, the team's top deep threat for the past three seasons, is skipping his senior year to enter the NFL draft.. Mitchell reached his decision before Friday's news that USF had fired coach Jim Leavitt, so the two transactions aren't directly related.

Didn't he come out last week or so and say that he wasn't leaving?  ???

• Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

Hmm maybe Mitchell knows something about his potential draft status that we don't know?  I don't think this is a smart move really.

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

track star does not = nfl receiver. 

'

6'4" 212lb trackstar = Maybe. He's got a legit shot at a free agent contract, probably better than TJ last year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,650
  • Days Won:  6

Free agent at best.  HUGE mistake.  He could have had a great season next year. 

• Content Count:  59

Tell Carlton there hasn't been a draft since the 70's........ I'm not sure he is ready for the "NFL " draft

• Content Count:  996

Mel Kiper has him at the 11th WR and a potential 3rd Rounder.  If he has a big combine, he should be ok.  I'll be rooting for him.. I'm just glad I was there to see his last game..

Gurly

Archived