• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Waters leaves team

Guest HowieP1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

if the kid can't handle being away from family because of a number of reasons... there is nothing wrong with transferring to a smaller school closer to home.  This exact reason might land us a great football center.

Who are we to say what his priorities should be... we don't know the situation.  Hopefully everything works out for him.  We'll be fine without him.

I think we need to withhold any judgement (whatever that's worth) until we see WHERE he transfers .........

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  442

For all we know it could be like Buckley transferring from Purdue to here.  Part of the reason is because he had to be closer to his sick mom.  If Montavius wants to be closer to home for any reason, who cares if it is Georgia St.  He is not going there bc he believes it is a better school, but because it is closer to home.  

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

For all we know it could be like Buckley transferring from Purdue to here.  Part of the reason is because he had to be closer to his sick mom.  If Montavius wants to be closer to home for any reason, who cares if it is Georgia St.  He is not going there bc he believes it is a better school, but because it is closer to home.

BUT if he transfers to a school even farther away from his home than Tampa is, questions will arise. Need to just let it go until he pops back up again .......

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Maybe he doesn't have a team first attitude. He came in thinking he was going to take over and then he only plays 6 minutes and says screw it. Wouldn't be the first time a "star" athlete with a bad attitude would put himself ahead of the team.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Didn't Waters have some "hothead/temper" issues in high school?

• Content Count:  442

I can tell you that he did not look happy with his role at practices.  I have been to a bunch and he always worked with the second team and seemed not to like to do what Coach Mac wanted him to do.  He is a slasher and at times he was out of control.  But whatever the reason is, let's just worry about the guys we have on this team and support them.

Guest HowieP1
Didn't Waters have some "hothead/temper" issues in high school?

I think you are mixing him up with another recruit who HAD a bad temper and punched out a player.

Waters seemed like he wa a good hard working religious kid from what I read.

Maybe, he just felt USF wasn't "exciting" enough.

"It's so exciting around here," said Waters, who said he wants to play college ball at a school either in the SEC, ACC or Conference USA. "We have a chip on our shoulder. We want to show people we belonged last year. We want to work hard and make it to the Promised Land."

http://albanyherald.net/sportsarchive/1103/sport112303.html

Guest HowieP1

Another old article which may or may not shed some light:

ALBANY  Westover High School's Montavious Waters may have a favorite college in mind. He's just not telling anyone yet.

"It's a secret," said a grinning Waters between games at Saturday's Battle of the South tournament. "I want to go to a school where I can have an impact right away."

Georgia has already offered Waters, a rising senior at Westover, a scholarship. New Bulldogs head coach Dennis Felton has met with Waters, who admits he grew up a Georgia fan.

"He's a real good guy," Waters said of Felton. "Georgia wants me to sign early, but I still don't know what I want."

Other big programs in the hunt, Waters said, are Florida State and Tennessee. There's also the option of heading to Tennessee Tech, which could give the Patriot a chance to contribute right away.

"I may go to a small school and be an instant starter," he said, "or I can go to a big school and have to wait my turn. Wherever I go, I hope to have a successful college career."

Waters, a flashy point guard with good vision and great moves, transferred to Westover from Lee County before his junior season. Despite a midseason knee injury, he led the Patriots to the Region 1-AAA title and a berth in the Class AAA Final Four.

Whatever his decision, Waters said he'd like to be signed, sealed and delivered before the start of his senior year.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

If the Coach keeps running players off we may need to run off the Coach

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

That would be Collin Dennis, i believe.  He had a bad temper his sophmore year, but did a complete 360 in his junior senior years.  The temper is the only reason he didn't become an all american, or at least so i read.  His stats, ability, and success all were good enough.