• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Truth to 2012 or just hype?

Cow Pie

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAtgPaggeTM&NR=1

I don't believe the Mayan calendar crap but this history channel thing has got me a bit uneasy...

Apparently there is a computer software program named the Web.Bot Project that was created with the sole purpose of predicting possible stock futures... while it has failed at predicting the stock market or the economy it has predicted accurately every major post 9/11 disaster since late 2001...

The entire special is on You Tube in segments for your viewing pleasure...

I have watched it twice already and it appears that all of the prophecies depict "fire from the heavens" viz., nuclear warfare as the doomsday vehicle.

I expect 2012 to be another Y2K event that is all hype and no show but apparently unlike Y2K this is, according to history, supposed to be the be all end all date (12/21/2012) of doomsday predictions.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Its all BS.  The concept of the Mayan Calendar, Nostradamus... psychics... John Edwards...

"I am the great and powerful Oz!  Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!  "

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

My son was concerned about this for quite some time.  I had to show him a fair bit of research in order to convince him there was nothing to worry about.  Basically, there was really no reason to make the calendar longer because at that point the Mayans were just going to start over.  The folks that created that particular calender likely felt someone else would be around in the next few hundred years to extend the calendar when needed. 

There are also varying reports of other Mayan calendars that extend beyond 2012. 

• Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

2012 is hollywood hype

• Content Count:  1,768

I don't believe anything will happen in 2012,  but I do find the many supposed prophecys convergence around that year interesting.  From the Mayan Calendar, to the Webbot,  to the I-Ching and timewave zero (same end date as the Mayan Calendar) even to St. Malachys prophecy of 112 remaining popes (Pope Benedict is 111).  Thats not even counting the very generic prophecies from Nostradamus or the supposed Bible Code. 

Actually out of this stupid hoopla, I have learned a little about things I had no clue of prior.  Like polar shifts are possible (and the resulting weaking of the earths magnetic field - in my opinion a main driver to the supposed global warming).  You get such a generic education on earth in school, it was just interesting reading up and learning a little more about earths history and the major changes it has gone through over its billions of years of existence. 

That being said, humans do have an experation date on earth.  Whether thats 3 years from now, or thousands of years from now, I don't think anybody knows. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I found it all very interesting as well... learned a lot from the History channel special... according to NOAA / National Geographic the North Pole is shifting right now at a speed of 45 miles a year closer to Russia.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/12/1215_051215_north_pole.html

That being said, humans do have an experation date on earth.  Whether thats 3 years from now, or thousands of years from now, I don't think anybody knows.   

Better reason to colonize Mars and get those damned Starships built  ;)

• Content Count:  9,038

If anyone here plays Assassin's Creed, 2012 is very important...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,657
  • Days Won:  29

These end of the world talk when tied into war, there have been MUCH worse wars over the centuries.

And the dates being the same in other cultures I think leaves alot in the translation, many things can end up the same depending on your formula.

Also, about 100 years ago ... Krakatoa(sp?) was devastating around most of the world. And then you have a meteor crash over Siberia.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,657
  • Days Won:  29

Archived