• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ouch...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

Saw this on MSNBC...

International Bowl:

South Florida vs. Northern Illinois, Jan. 2, in Toronto: Recently it was reported that South Florida coach Jim Leavitt grabbed a player by the throat, then struck him twice. It was believed to have occurred after the player informed Leavitt that South Florida would be playing in the International Bowl against Northern Illinois.

Nation

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

that is hilarious.  props to the author.  BTW the national media is crucifying everything about us lately.  We're turning into a farce. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Hey, there is no national media that covers the Bulls, with the exception of Brian Bennett's blog at ESPN which covers the Big East.

Most of the "national media" just rehash the stuff our local guys throw out there.

You can even pin the opening post on one of our very own local guys. Like you do so often they just poke and insult USF.  It gets contagious.  Everyone gets in a free swing when they can.

• Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

beastiebull,

I think the national media has been laughing at USF for the past few years. Where have you been?  The thing that makes it worse is that USF does not have much to show for it besides two lower bowl trophies. At least Miami had bigger bowl wins during there time when they were getting hammered by the national media. USF better start winning in these next few year or it will only get worse. Well, it will always be bad for USF as tools like Nick Saban, Brett McMurphy, Lee Corso, etc have already planted that seed.

Hey, there is no national media that covers the Bulls, with the exception of Brian Bennett's blog at ESPN which covers the Big East.

Most of the "national media" just rehash the stuff our local guys throw out there.

You can even pin the opening post on one of our very own local guys. Like you do so often they just poke and insult USF.  It gets contagious.  Everyone gets in a free swing when they can.

Please post a link to any post of mine that "insults" the INSTITUTION of USF.  Not the uniforms, not a past bball coach, not our fans....the institution itself as your post indicates.  It's not like I enjoy the fact that this stuff gets out there nationally but I'm not going to bury my head in the sand and act like it isn't happening.

beastiebull,

I think the national media has been laughing at USF for the past few years. Where have you been?  The thing that makes it worse is that USF does not have much to show for it besides two lower bowl trophies. At least Miami had bigger bowl wins during there time when they were getting hammered by the national media. USF better start winning in these next few year or it will only get worse. Well, it will always be bad for USF as tools like Nick Saban, Brett McMurphy, Lee Corso, etc have already planted that seed.

The laughing has greatly increased during the past 6 months. 

• Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Aint nothing we can do about it but cry. I am not worried about what those numskulls think. The GayDay err GameDay Crew only care about the powerhouse programs such as Texas, Bama, UF, Ohio St etc to give USF the time of day. The only way USF can change that is to win more games. And to tell you the truth, it will never change those pompous idiots that call them self experts. USF would be so up against the national media if we ever do make it to number 2 again that it wont even be funny. I know you remember at all the crapthat USF took when they happened to fall up to #2. All we heard was how USF didnt earn that spot. Whatever. I found myself tunning out more and more of the national and some of the local media outlets as they seem to enjoy bringing USF down.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Oh look, it's nihilist beastie. Go tell some kids that Santa doesn't exist, seems like it's right up your alley.

Archived