• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can a public university sue a media outlet for slander?

Guest BasketBull.

Guest BasketBull.

USF needs to look into suing AOL and get this carp taken care of -that vermin of a 'reporter' is not going to stop.

I know Christmas is approaching and all, but if there's one guy that needs to be unemployed it's that vermin that's been attacking the good name of USF for years.  >:(

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Can a private indivual sue a media outlet for slandering his beloved institution

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I got no respect for that site or that reporter any longer.  I know many of you have attacked Brett and I always stood up for him.  I think the a writer is expected to question things, challenge things, but Brett has just went way way beyond the line.  He is a low life and my personal recommendation would be that he just be ignored.  At this point in his career he has stooped to trying to make himself relevant by making baseless accusations against USF even when his supposed sources dispute his claims.

• Content Count:  136
  • Days Won:  0

Any media source that employs Jay Mariotti and McMurphy is not an outlet I'll tend to trust/go to for my news.

• Content Count:  3

Any media source that employs Jay Mariotti and McMurphy is not an outlet I'll tend to trust/go to for my news.

That media outlet just hired 6 Pulitzer prize journalists and is hiring up writers from ny times, wsj and everywhere else. I'd go ahead and get used to Aol and their growing 'reach'.

As far as suing FanHouse/Aol, uh.. no. Like him or not he's just doing his job. He has sources (even if its just the father) who spoke with him on record about the situation. He's just reporting on it.

Same thing UCF went through with the Sentinel when they used a baker acted kid who had been kicked off the team and an ex quarterback who had already graduated as their O'leary is a murder sources.

It is what it sadly is and the best thing for USF is to try and get in front of it.

• Content Count:  7,890

If they cant then CJL should

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I never even heard of this AOL FanHouse before hearing it referenced as being Brett's new cove to launch his assaults on everything USF.

I thought AOL was about out of business, they don't send me 100 CDs per week in the mail anymore :( Made great target practice.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

I would let the situation play out before calling McMurphy a liar as you could all be proven wrong.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

for a relatively large city, tampa thinks so small town. 

McMurphy is doing his job and maybe he does have an axe to grind but his sources said what they said, even before the all so sudden retraction from Daddy. 

when i first read this story i was not surprised at all, but will wait for the facts instead of listening to a bunch of guys who would defend Jeffrey Dahmer if he was affiliated with USF. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

for a relatively large city, tampa thinks so small town. 

McMurphy is doing his job and maybe he does have an axe to grind but his sources said what they said, even before the all so sudden retraction from Daddy. 

when i first read this story i was not surprised at all, but will wait for the facts instead of listening to a bunch of guys who would defend Jeffrey Dahmer if he was affiliated with USF. 

lol

Archived