• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NCAA tournament changes

What should be done to the NCAA tournament?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

It needs to stay at 65, however, some of the automatic qualifiers need to be eliminated. You can't tell me that Penn State (2009 NIT Champ) wouldn't have been better off in the NCAAs than say Alabama State or Moorehead State (play-in game).

I like the 64/5 team format, but it should actually be the top 64/5 teams in the country, not the winner of each po-dunk conference that doesn't have any chance.

It needs to go back to 64... to heck with the play in game... and yes, the winner of each po-dunk conference should get to play.

If Penn State or another mid-level team from a big conference doesn't like it, they can move to their own po-dunk conference.

^^^^THIS

Plus...a playoff in college football would NOT be bad at all...and it would be VERY easy to implement.  AND you could keep the BCS...for ranking/seeding of the "playoff".  It would be GREAT!!!

Ugh...but...you have those "big-business/big-school" cronies opposed to change...just like you have conservatives and other idiots trying to stop Mr. Obama from getting much needed legislation out of congress.  Ugh...typical. 

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  6,502

Keep it the same.  As far as the NIT since it is not as "promoted" as the NCAA Torney it should be quietly shelved.  I really do not think it would be missed.  Would it??

• Content Count:  901

the nit isnot run by ncaa

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

March Madness did not really become March Madness until the tournament went to 64 teams. While I agree that the play-in game is ridiculous, I wouldn't change a thing. As it is now, it's a round ball lovers dream.

• Content Count:  292

I like the 64/5 team format, but it should actually be the top 64/5 teams in the country, not the winner of each po-dunk conference that doesn't have any chance.

yeah tell that to davidson or gonzaga  :Asleep

Archived