• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

St. Pete Bowl to be the "Beef O Brady's Bowl"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,096
  • Days Won:  1

I think this partnership makes Beef's the presenting sponsor, as www.stpetersburgbowl.com still calls it the St. Petersburg Bowl, presented by Beef O Bradys. 

Funy story, but back when MagicJack came around, I had wondered why a local company like Hooter's, Beef's, or Checkers/Rallys (all local companies) hadn't stepped up.  I guess I spoke too soon.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

there are a TON of bay area companies that could easily afford to sponser this bowl.  it was clear early on that magic jack was in it for the short term.  they were looking for a short term push and are done with it.

bowl games are as much for the city they are played in as they are for the teams that are in them.  it sucks that we have a bowl game in the trop rather than 2 bowl games in ray jay.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Should have been the Hooters Bowl (since Hooters is based from Clearwater and the Bay area). Hell, I think Winghouse is too. All 3 could have teamed up to make it the Skanky Bitches wearing Pantyhose servin' you Wings Bowl!  :D

Hmmm, USF + Beef Bowl + enclosed stadium...sounds like a slaughterhouse.

Beef's is also a native Tampa restaurant chain... the first one is located in Brandon.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

yeah, that's why i said all 3 should team up lol.

Crisper's St. Petersburg Salad Bowl (from lakeland)

Bonefish Bang Bang Bowl (st pete based, part of OSI)

Lifestyle Family Fitness Bowl (lakeland based)

Red Lobster Bowl (bay area based iirc)

Carrraba's Bowl (OSI is tampa based)

hmm trying to think of others.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

there are a TON of bay area companies that could easily afford to sponser this bowl.  it was clear early on that magic jack was in it for the short term.  they were looking for a short term push and are done with it.

bowl games are as much for the city they are played in as they are for the teams that are in them.  it sucks that we have a bowl game in the trop rather than 2 bowl games in ray jay.

I agree... they need to bring back the ole Cigar Bowl and play it earlier at Tampa Stadium before the Outback Bowl is played.

Archived