• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Truest PG Anthony Crater

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Here's some inserts from an article about 6 days ago on why this guy is so important to the program.

USF coach Stan Heath said Crater should make an immediate impact if and when he plays.

“He’s our truest point guard,†Heath said. “He’s pretty good. That’ll change our team a little bit when he comes in our program.â€

“I’m trying to steer away from Dominique doing a lot of that (playing point guard),†Heath said.

Heath said Crater has benefited from sitting out and is coming along “terrific.â€

“The time off learning our system and improving the different parts of his game … he’s made a significant improvement with his jump shot, running the team, and having a voice out there as a point guard,†Heath said.

http://www.usforacle.com/truest-point-guard-almost-eligible-1.2107868?DB_OEM_ID=7700

Now as talented as he apparently is he must apparently be equally stupid. Here's a guy that was about to start for a Big East team that is on the come up. I hope people that like college basketball watch it like I do or at least enough because there is no bigger difference maker than a PG. My HS and AAU coaches almost preached PG play. You have to at the very least break even at that position to have a chance to win against good teams. If you get owned by the opposing team's PG then the chances of winning are slim, very slim. I like Chris Howard but physically he just can't win you many PG battles against the good teams. If Crater plays and is as advertised then he makes our team at minimum 25% better then it is right now. That is enough imo to get USF into the NIT for sure and just maybe a NCAAT bid.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

well he clearly has the "puff puff PASS" down

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

Here's some inserts from an article about 6 days ago on why this guy is so important to the program.

USF coach Stan Heath said Crater should make an immediate impact if and when he plays.

“He’s our truest point guard,†Heath said. “He’s pretty good. That’ll change our team a little bit when he comes in our program.â€

“I’m trying to steer away from Dominique doing a lot of that (playing point guard),†Heath said.

Heath said Crater has benefited from sitting out and is coming along “terrific.â€

“The time off learning our system and improving the different parts of his game … he’s made a significant improvement with his jump shot, running the team, and having a voice out there as a point guard,†Heath said.

http://www.usforacle.com/truest-point-guard-almost-eligible-1.2107868?DB_OEM_ID=7700

Now as talented as he apparently is he must apparently be equally stupid. Here's a guy that was about to start for a Big East team that is on the come up. I hope people that like college basketball watch it like I do or at least enough because there is no bigger difference maker than a PG. My HS and AAU coaches almost preached PG play. You have to at the very least break even at that position to have a chance to win against good teams. If you get owned by the opposing team's PG then the chances of winning are slim, very slim. I like Chris Howard but physically he just can't win you many PG battles against the good teams. If Crater plays and is as advertised then he makes our team at minimum 25% better then it is right now. That is enough imo to get USF into the NIT for sure and just maybe a NCAAT bid.

Teasing us like this is just plain mean ....

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

I hope he is docked only 4 games for his latest ganja transgression.

We already have the rep as a program that takes shortcuts. . . . . . . . no sense in coming down harsh on Crater it won't silence our critics one bit.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

We already have the rep as a program that takes shortcuts. . . . . . . . no sense in coming down harsh on Crater it won't silence our critics one bit.

Yeah, I'm curious about how they'll measure Crater's suspension too. Any word on whether it'll be only 4 games rather than 6?

• Content Count:  5,982

Yeah, I'm curious about how they'll measure Crater's suspension too. Any word on whether it'll be only 4 games rather than 6?

Waiting on word from Heath. Stan said he'll address the situation this week so we should know something soon.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Waiting on word from Heath. Stan said he'll address the situation this week so we should know something soon.

Apparently, Crater failed the drug test last spring, according to Fox sports:

FOXSports.com has confirmed Crater flunked a second drug test back in the spring and won't be eligible until Big East play.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/10476408/Report:-Gilchrist's-parents-dispute-claims

I belive, CSH will address this issue in his weekly press conference today.

• Content Count:  3,084

I agree with you on PGS, that why I always loved Big East way before we got there and being from NY which is PG city and the position I played Ive watched and admired them all.  But the main characteristic you want your pg to be is...smart.  Quickness and athletic ability will get you so far, but all the pgs in teh BE are that, its about intelligence.  This kid is obviously lacking in that department.  So a huge stepup from Howard but taking us to the next level, I dont think so. 

Archived