• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

16 More Practices

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37,651
  • Days Won:  29

This is like an extra spring/summer practice session.

This will be good head start for 2010 and we should DOMINATE N. IL

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  81
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, 16 more practices at running disjointed and inconsistent gameplans and execution, because golly, those are new problems that just need a little adjustment, right? These haven't been issues ALL season, or the season before that, or the season before that... The AD should monitor these practices and see if he notices any improvement. Clearly the practices and planning during the season, especially the second half, were ineffective - blowouts by Cincy, Rutgers, Pitt, and Miami.

We will be LUCKY to beat NIU.   

• Content Count:  1,204

Bet you said that about Memphis last year too.

No, we will likely hammer NIU and the 16 practices are very good for a young team.

• Content Count:  809

If you think about it though, these 16 practices are gonna cost the school money. No way does the school come away from the Int Bowl with a profit (nor any bowl besides a BCS bowl)

• Content Count:  1,400

we can definitely use the extra practices you see Rutgers complaining about the early bowl (St. Pete) game and that they wont be able to have very many practices.

Cincy is a young team. 10 of 11 new starters on defense. Yet they have a perfect record and have won their second consecutive BE championship. Oh, and they used two QB's, too. Don't forget the 4 or 5 QB's from last year. Youth isn't the problem. Bad coaching and poor exectution are.

• Content Count:  5,241

I doubt we have a problem when we play NIU.  Garret Wolfe is long gone!

The extra practices are badly needed! Hopefully they work hard and give us something to look forward to next year.

• Content Count:  640

Yes, 16 more practices at running disjointed and inconsistent gameplans and execution, because golly, those are new problems that just need a little adjustment, right? These haven't been issues ALL season, or the season before that, or the season before that... The AD should monitor these practices and see if he notices any improvement. Clearly the practices and planning during the season, especially the second half, were ineffective - blowouts by Cincy, Rutgers, Pitt, and Miami.

And, what exactly do you propose en lieu of 16 extra practices??? OH, WAIT, I know, I know: buy Jim Leavitt out of his contract, hire somebody with the leftover money and with less passion and ownership of USF football, fire each and every assistant coach, and start over from scratch, right? Because, lemme guess, throwing out everything the team has worked hard on all year, throwing out all the recruitment ties Leavitt has, and throwing the team's morale and support for the HC is MUCH better than continuing to work hard, showing support for a team you believe in, and trying to fix what has been wrong, be it fundamental or otherwise? RIGHT?

And, and, after the AD closely scrutinizes practices that don't result in a team that can easily win the Big East next year (how you determine that at the end of a season is beyond me), he comes to the conclusion that Leavitt won't lead us anywhere, we throw out everything from those 16 practices and get somebody else.

And then, when we hire a new head coach and he happens to have another winning season that leads us to a bowl game, we punt his @ss too and look for somebody else to throw scant money at. RIGHT?

GET IT THROUGH YOUR SKULL: CJL isn't going anywhere. This team is far, far from perfect, but at least we get the opportunity to improve 16 more times this season, which is saying more than a lot of other teams going to bowl games.

end of rant.

Hey buddy, you're the one ASSUMING conclusions based on my post. I wrote that these 16 extra practices will not help a long term set of problems. I did suggest the AD pay close attention and hold the coaches accountable. I know full well we will not buy out CJL. Instead I have previously written that I don't think CJL's contract will be extended when it expires.

So thanks for the silly rant based on your own assumptions. Next time maybe you'll read a little more carefully before making posting another insane response. 

Archived