• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ATTENTION ALL BULLS saying NAY to INTERNATIONAL BOWL:

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

You could fly to Buffalo NON-stop on Southwest and rent a car to drive to Toronto.

This could save you 100-200 dollars.

http://www.southwest.com/flight/price-flight.html?companyName=&cid=&memberName=&disc=0%3A8%3A1260169371.318000%3A1849%40F9901E80A4C4CEF09251BB48B4129AF19CB89BD3&ss=0&dest=

The cheaper flights are going fast...but this is an option.(hint: SWA doesn't charge for bags.)

RENT a car, OR you could take the bus for cheap into the Toronto-metro area and use public transport while there..which is great!

Hope this gets some minds thinking...if not, oh well.  Just trying to help out...

GO BULLS!!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

haven\'t missed a bowl game yet but it just isn\'t gonna happen this year :(

• Content Count:  12

Nuttin like a Floridian taking a two hour drive through the snow capitol of the U.S. in January! 

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

You know, as I was thinking through this, I actually decided that if I am going to spend the money for a bowl, I might make the trip to New Orleans to pull for Cincy. Maybe that is wrong, but as a Bulls fan, we need to support the BE. Cincy probably won't sell all of their tix, and I think they will beat the Cryin' Tebows. Could be a lot of fun.

Either way, I am not going to leave the Country for a bowl game. Probably buying tix and donating to the students and watching it all unfold from home.

• Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

You know, as I was thinking through this, I actually decided that if I am going to spend the money for a bowl, I might make the trip to New Orleans to pull for Cincy. Maybe that is wrong, but as a Bulls fan, we need to support the BE. Cincy probably won't sell all of their tix, and I think they will beat the Cryin' Tebows. Could be a lot of fun.

Either way, I am not going to leave the Country for a bowl game. Probably buying tix and donating to the students and watching it all unfold from home.

Now that sounds like a good plan.

• Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

been to every bowl game.......cant see this happening, just to expedite and get passports for my family would be 800 bucks, then flight, car, hotel_________-3000k easy

• Content Count:  1,433

For those who have passports...in spite of the fact that we are not playing an opponent we have much interest in.  I would point out that NIU beat us a few years back, I was there, and that they do know how to play football.  Every BCS school they played this year underestimated them...Purdue paid a dear price for their underestimation also.

Also...Toronto is an amazingly metropolitan city and there is much to see and do there.  It trumps any city we've had an opportunity to play in for a bowl game to this point....by far.  Flying into Buffalo allows you to travel across the border where you are greeted by Niagara Falls.  If you've never been, it's amazing and everyone should see it at some point in their life.  In Niagara Falls, Canada, you can also gamble.  From there, Toronto is about a 2 hour drive from what I remember. 

So don't look at this trip as a non-event...this is a very cool (and cold) part of the world.  The Rogers Center is a remarkable facility with a Hard Rock Restaurant inside and maybe another dining facility.  Can't remember....

for those who go, this will be a good trip.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,118

For those who have passports...in spite of the fact that we are not playing an opponent we have much interest in.  I would point out that NIU beat us a few years back, I was there, and that they do know how to play football.  Every BCS school they played this year underestimated them...Purdue paid a dear price for their underestimation also.

Also...Toronto is an amazingly metropolitan city and there is much to see and do there.  It trumps any city we've had an opportunity to play in for a bowl game to this point....by far.  Flying into Buffalo allows you to travel across the border where you are greeted by Niagara Falls.  If you've never been, it's amazing and everyone should see it at some point in their life.  In Niagara Falls, Canada, you can also gamble.  From there, Toronto is about a 2 hour drive from what I remember. 

So don't look at this trip as a non-event...this is a very cool (and cold) part of the world.  The Rogers Center is a remarkable facility with a Hard Rock Restaurant inside and maybe another dining facility.  Can't remember....

for those who go, this will be a good trip.

Agreed! Come on guys don't miss this one! Toronto is a better city with more to do than Birmingham or Charlotte

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,118

Either way, I am not going to leave the Country for a bowl game.

So if the bowl game was in Buffalo you would go?? what is another 2 hours? What if they moved the Fiesta Bowl to Canada and we got an invite?? What does it being in Canada have to do with it?

Archived