• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

PapaJohns.com Bowl

Joe

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

You really think many Bulls fans will pay high air travel prices to spend New Years in Toronto to see a 7-5 team play a MAC team?

Won't be surprised if we have less than 100 fans go.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

The Gator still hasn't made its ACC pick have they?  There are delays on this from multiple angles.

The Gator still hasn't made its ACC pick have they?  There are delays on this from multiple angles.

They can't select until the Chik-Fil-A selects... if CFA decides to take Clemson, then Gator has to take VT... if CFA takes VT (as expected), then Gator will take FSU.

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Greg has an update on his Twitter page: I am told it will be late afternoon before USF learns its bowl pairing. Same for who will face UCF in St. Petersburg Bowl. Stay tuned.

That suggests to me that the BE is still working on some things...

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

They can't select until the Chik-Fil-A selects... if CFA decides to take Clemson, then Gator has to take VT... if CFA takes VT (as expected), then Gator will take FSU.

Has Miami been released from BCS consideration?

Greg has an update on his Twitter page: I am told it will be late afternoon before USF learns its bowl pairing. Same for who will face UCF in St. Petersburg Bowl. Stay tuned.

Not necessarily... there is a story about Meineke about Rutgers saying the MCCB is "hoping to have a decision by 4:00 pm"...

http://rutgers.scout.com/2/926500.html

They also have sources from the IB that says the folks in Toronto really want U Conn again.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

You really think many Bulls fans will pay high air travel prices to spend New Years in Toronto to see a 7-5 team play a MAC team?

That's why i was asking about cheaper packages somehow ... I'd love to go to Toronto this time of year for a game but the airfare is pretty steep .. still trying to find an angle somehow, though.

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Not necessarily... there is a story about Meineke about Rutgers saying the MCCB is "hoping to have a decision by 4:00 pm"...

http://rutgers.scout.com/2/926500.html

They also have sources from the IB that says the folks in Toronto really want U Conn again.

Not sure why you're disagreeing with me, but then providing support to my statement.  Okay, so 4P is their deadline, and they could still be working out who goes to the IB...

You think the Big East is up to something... my point was it's not the Big East up to something... just that it will take time for the bowls to make their decisions.

4pm isn't a deadline... 4pm is when one of the bowls hopes to have a decision.  Until MCCB makes their call, no one else can do anything.

It's possible the Big East could be trying something... but I doubt it.

Archived