• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

HireRonZook.com-People are Talking

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

I heard people at the game talking about it. Even though Missouri won today with only a $50,000 buyout I would not be surprised if JL jumped ship for his alma matter and the Big 12. Bring the Zooker to T Town??

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Leavitt's not going anywhere. His stock is down right now. The only team interested in Leavitt currently is Illnois. Enough said. Leavitt won't be fired unless he commits a major infraction. You will see position coaches switched around before someone is fired... someone has to want to coach with Leavitt before he goes and cans someone. Leavitt works people to death and is an in-your-face type of boss. People can't handle that, limiting our options at who he selects.

How can you blame the coordinator anyways? They got saddled with a QB with no playmaking ability whatsoever. I'm sick of this crap. Hall can only do so much. Football requires a balance if you want to win consistently... we have a running game... and that is it.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

Leavitt's not going anywhere. His stock is down right now. The only team interested in Leavitt currently is Illnois. Enough said. Leavitt won't be fired unless he commits a major infraction. You will see position coaches switched around before someone is fired... someone has to want to coach with Leavitt before he goes and cans someone. Leavitt works people to death and is an in-your-face type of boss. People can't handle that, limiting our options at who he selects.

How can you blame the coordinator anyways? They got saddled with a QB with no playmaking ability whatsoever. I'm sick of this crap. Hall can only do so much. Football requires a balance if you want to win consistently... we have a running game... and that is it.

the coordinators are to develop the talent you have

and if jl cannot get quality people to work for him then he needs to go. you cannot suceed long term as a one man show.

no man is an island onto himself

nitsche

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

Sheriff!!! Amen!!! Amen!!!

I agree with you on this. It is easy to blame the coaching staff on our down year, but what would USF be without them??? I will tell those doubters that USF would still be in the C-USA if it was not for Kravitz and Leavitt. Sure, Mike Hobbie is getting called out, but he has little to work with at QB these last two year. Lets see how Hobbie does with more options at QB next season. If USF does not sniff a winning season because of lack of offense then it is time to can the OC. Right now, I dont blame the coaching staff. We are just too new and young right now. I will see you true USF fans at the Pitt game. USF pride is on the line next week.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

leavitt nad team have regressed in last 2 years

maybe he is not the one to take us to the next level

he has one more year

another  5 wins season i say bring in someone  else

hire a top assistant from big three

or   dan hawkins  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Leavitt STAYS !!! c'mon people ... a down year ... that's all.

New OC and QB(player), Grothe ... will solve many problems.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Don't forget Auburn.  They lost something like 5 games last year and everybody was calling for the coach's head.  Now they are 11-0 and could play for the NC.  

I think Zook would have had a good chance next year to win the whole thing, but the stupid gator boosters who can't see more than one week at a time have probably cost them, although the team is super stocked with talent for the next coach.

Things can change quickly in a year when you have a bunch of new players coming into the program, and others who have gained a year of experience, or who have been learning while they have red shirted and are ready to play.

I know it's hard to take our passing game, and now our defense's performance, but le'ts not be too short sighted about this thing.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

Its part of the sport landscape. Everyone wants to win NOW and for coaches its what have you done for me lately.

I remember when Alabama was courting JL, how many on this board were questioning his loyalty and saying he should turn down the Big name n Bucks and stay at USF were he could continue to build and retire from. Well guess what we have the first losing season in 7 years and many of the same people are ready to fire him.

I do not like nor accept losing seasons but this man deserves more support for what he has done for USF. He is just as upset about whats happenning.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

he will have our support for one year

zook as a defensive/recruiting coordinator sounds fine with me

our defense has regressed and linebackers have been out of position all year