• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

And then depression and hopelessness...

Guest HowieP1

Sometimes we forget that USF has had 24 players go to the NFL since we started not so long ago.

Despite losing such high caliber players year in and year out, USF has for the most part been able to remain competitive.

Last year our offense was devastated with the loss of Blackwell and some high caliber receivers, but our defense remained very good.

This year, our offense was still down with no competent QB and young receivers, and all the losses on defense finally caught up to us.

There is plenty of young defensive talent who didn't even make it on to the field this year. Some of our top recruits who could have made a difference like Mompremier, Buie, Hunnicutt,  and Carlton Williams hopefully will get their chance to show what they can do next year, plus we will be getting help recruiting guys like R J Anderson who will be coming in also.

It takes time to build and MAINTAIN a team, so we have to show some patience.

We just haven't been around long enough to recruit enough BCS caliber players to be consisently effective.

I just hope that we don't lose recruits because of their shortsightedness.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HowieP1

Players like Richard Gordon who is ranked the #1 TE in Florida and #5 nationally, understands what the future for USF is:

Gordon said he's not ready to name a favorite yet but South Florida is creeping up his list.  

"I went there this past weekend," he said. "I like them a lot. Courtney Denson is there now. Jackie and all those guys from Edison are there and they like it. Their best players are young and they're trying to get a bunch of Norland guys this year. Me, Gary (Watts), Garrett (White), and Dwight (Alberry) are all going up there together. They have a 10 million dollar weightroom too. They're moving to the Big East so they have a chance at a BCS every year too. But I aint gonna know for sure till after all my visits."

KEEP THE FAITH!  

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

The FootBulls are young but I don't think they can turn it around in one yr.  Its gonna take a potential all conference QB and Tim Jones being as good as Shurron Pierson was only against tuffer competition.  USF cannot open the season with PJ behind center next yr.  I have a sick feeling in my stomach and I don't think Pepto Bismal nor the men's BasketBulls are gonna cure it.

Well....this is a good learning experience. When you're at the signing day festivities and Coach "X" is touting what a great recruit Johnny is...just temper that with "if he's all that, why ain't he playing for [insert contender here]"  

Face it, sportsfans, we had some light years there, where it looked really easy. I doubt there would be this level of grousing had the sort of season occurred about three years past.

This little party came to an abrupt end on homecoming night. Next year, look for improvements, but - and I know you don't want to hear this - manage your expectations. Hopefully, there's not a plethora of board rats out there who think Jesus is going to miracle the Bulls in #1 in the NBE. We are what we are. Our weaknesses have been exposed and there's not slight of hand QB magic that can overcome that.  We don't have it this year.

Soooo...given today's little venture, you comin' to the Pitt game?  :o

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

howie- if we had such talent by numbers that went to nfl why hasn't usf won more?

we should be much further along than where we are

memphis would never switch with usf.

the are better than us by far in basketball and willrule the roost in bbal

i they are much better than us in football and they will do well in new big east

usf better have a sense of urgency  in the off season and spring ball

we need more talent

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Soooo...given today's little venture, you comin' to the Pitt game?

Yes I'll be there if you are directing that question directly at me.  BTW I like your statement "manage your expectations".

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

I will be there. However, this terrible bandwagon city wont be there. The Tampa Bay community are very bad sports fans. They only support a winning, and USF is not a winner right now. The next time I hear some nitwit in this Tampa Bay area critize fan support of other teams, I will remind them of how they support their local college and baseball teams. Tampa Bay is nothing but a bunch of bandwagon AHOLES!!! That is all I have to say about that.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

BB

Thats the samething that could be said for any Florida city. There is not enogh roots in community supporting a team. Miami is similar, If UM has a bad year their support is cut in half.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

Yes I'll be there if you are directing that question directly at me.  BTW I like your statement "manage your expectations".

Every single, solitary post I make on this board is directed squarely at YOU! First thing I do when I roll out of bed on Saturdays is say to myself ... "What can I, as a lone individual, do today to poke and jab  - with reckless abandon - Bulldougs football sensitivities".  ;D

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

CubanBull,

I would say that Miami's support is worse down there. They cant even sell out the Dolphin games. The Miami game against Wake Forest had alot of empty seats. Thankfully, Shaq is on the HEAT's team because I use to be amazed about how empty that place was. Also, the Miami Hurricanes basketball team does not draw well at all. I am afraid to even check their attendence right now because I know it is bad. I am going to say that MIAMI, TAMPA, ORLANDO, and ATLANTA have crappy support for sports.  With all that being said. USF should do better on attendence because of the so-called amount of alumni in the Bay area. U of Miami cant really depend on the Alumni because it is not as large. USF has a large alumni base that needs to support the teams better IMO. Even Chad Barnhardt was pretty mad at the poor showing by the attendence, and it takes alot to get Chad Barnhardt upset. I am personally more concerned about attendence than how good the football team is right now.