• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Assuming we make a bowl game, it better be St Pete

The Trop only holds like 30,000 tickets for the bowl game... the four games never drew less than 45,000 - so a USF vs UCF matchup would clearly sell out.

My guess is those tickets would be harder to get than the FSU game was.

Although, I see a Rutgers-UCF matchup in St. Pete... with a USF vs Kentucky in Birmingham.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

The Trop only holds like 30,000 tickets for the bowl game... the four games never drew less than 45,000 - so a USF vs UCF matchup would clearly sell out.

Although, I see a Rutgers-UCF matchup in St. Pete... with a USF vs Kentucky in Birmingham.

if rutgers goes to st pete then I think we are off to Toronto. I don't see the league sending a good traveling WVU team to a bowl we will no longer have an affiliation with. WVu will be in birmingham.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

I will be going to whichever bowl game USF plays in.  What can I say, I'm a glutton for punishment.  Not to mention the fact that I know how bad it ***** waiting for next season.........I want to savor every second of college football that I can.

This man is both a gentleman and a scholar.

Awww, thankths buudddy

And a Bulls fan.  I love this crap where we bring 15,000 to FSU but no one wants to go to bowl game unless it is a BCS game.  THIS is why we don't travel well.  Fair weather fans.  We'll try to go to whichever, if any, bowl game USF gets invited to.  And until most fans do the same USF will have the well deserved reputation of not traveling well.  And then they **** and moan because we don't get invited to better bowls.  I know the record plays a part so don't start with me.  Just show up and support your Bulls.

Some on here give him crap for being negative, but he shows up in El Paso and wherever his Bulls team plays in a bowl game.  Better fan than most on here.

Ive been to all 4 bowl games, does that make me a bigger fan than someone who didnt

?

YEP.  I know the demographics on this site run from current students through old 50 somethings like me and older.  But if you have the means (money) to make a bowl game and don't because of:

A) The team might not show up

B) The coaching s&cks

C) You get the idea

that person isn't a fan.  Again, I'm not talking about people that don't have the money (would you have the money if it was a national championship game or a BCS game? If the anwer is yes, then you are just making excuses to not go to Birmingham or wherever) or people that have to work and can't get away.  I'm talking about the people that can go but choose not to.

• Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  0

This is the only way I will be going to an away bowl game.

That's funny, because I plan to go to whatever game we get invited to!  :gobulls

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

This is the only way I will be going to an away bowl game.

That's funny, because I plan to go to whatever game we get invited to!  :gobulls

Haven't missed a bowl game yet and plan to extend the streak no matter our destination.  Well, I'd have to put some serious thought into going if we got picked into the International Bowl, but I dont think that is a realistic possibility.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

I've been to Charlotte.  That team had  1/3 the talent we have now.  Despite losing 14-0, that team played their hearts out & left it all on the field.  In fact, they played their hearts out just to get to that bowl.  As a fan (which I am, I went to Leavitt's radio show from year 1997 on when nobody else was there,) that's all I ask.  When I see a team that seems to be looking at their watches, wondering how much longer do we have to play before we can go shower?, as a fan (which I am,) I have a right to be dissatisfied.

if rutgers goes to st pete then I think we are off to Toronto. I don't see the league sending a good traveling WVU team to a bowl we will no longer have an affiliation with. WVu will be in birmingham.

I think WVU will be in Charlotte, to be honest... or maybe even Jacksonville.  I don't see Notre Dame getting the Gator bid.

But you are right, WVU will be in B'ham if they aren't back in Charlotte.

Guest Scherdin

It's not always about being a fan, there are other factors in this.  I support this team 1500 miles away.  I try to make to 2-3 games a year, flying back to Tampa and away games and that gets expensive. Especially now, flying in and out of Denver during the busy ski season.

I'm using this holiday season to hang out with freinds and family and use the money on other things.  And I'm not a bad fan for it.  This year just isn't the year I'm going to travel to a bowl to these guys.  I'd rather watch them on TV and if they lay an egg like the last few games.  I can change the channel and move on.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I think WVU will be in Charlotte, to be honest... or maybe even Jacksonville.  I don't see Notre Dame getting the Gator bid.

the thing is WVU could easily finish 7-5. they have rutgers and pitt left.

maybe 8-4 gets them to charlotte over a 3 loss pitt or 2 loss cincy. then pitt or cincy would drop to PJB though.

Gator is all over ND at 7-5. it's their last year with the BE. they don't want pitt or cincy. maybe WVU at 9-3 over 7-5 ND.

In order for the BE to get gator I think ND has to go 6-6.

the thing is WVU could easily finish 7-5. they have rutgers and pitt left.

maybe 8-4 gets them to charlotte over a 3 loss pitt or 2 loss cincy. then pitt or cincy would drop to PJB though.

Gator is all over ND at 7-5. it's their last year with the BE. they don't want pitt or cincy. maybe WVU at 9-3 over 7-5 ND.

In order for the BE to get gator I think ND has to go 6-6.

I understand completely, and totally agree about ND.  But I think they will go 6-6... and so will U Conn, for that matter.

Moreover, if Cincy loses to Pitt, they could could still be in the BCS thanks to USC losing... a lot of football left, but the last at-large slot looks to be Boise State, Oklahoma State, or Cincinnati...

Archived