• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF ranked 2nd in the Big East in Attendance

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Here is a link to the overall numbers thus far this year.

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2009/Internet/attendance/FBS_AVGATTENDANCE.pdf

What I find interesting, is even if we were to sell out everygame, 65,000+ we would only be around 26th on the list around Missouri so we don't have much futher to go before we peak out. Mind you, I think averaging over 60,000 may be a bit harder to jump to than it was to get to near 50,000 starting in 07'.

Great point the top 10 in attendance is populated with 5 sec, 3 big 11, and 2 big 12. The rest of the conferences just don't have 85K+ stadiums.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

What I find interesting, is even if we were to sell out everygame, 65,000+ we would only be around 26th on the list around Missouri so we don't have much futher to go before we peak out. Mind you, I think averaging over 60,000 may be a bit harder to jump to than it was to get to near 50,000 starting in 07'.

Great point the top 10 in attendance is populated with 5 sec, 3 big 11, and 2 big 12. The rest of the conferences just don't have 85K+ stadiums.

A stadium is what you make it.  Lane Stadium, Autzen Stadium, and Husky Stadium, can all rock as hard as anywhere without approaching 70,000.

• Content Count:  1,386

Did you notice that the Red River Shootout between Oklahoma and Texas had more attendance at that one game than a QUARTER (30+) of the I-A teams have had ALL season.

• Content Count:  624

We r already in the top 25. Bcs.

The Top 25 that puts a little # by your name...the one the common joes recognize.

The BCS is the only ranking system that matters now. And that is the little # by the team's name you see on TV, its their BCS ranking. Most average Joes recognize that.

• Content Count:  16,448
  • Days Won:  43

Having great attendence is key for getting those bowl game invites. So I hope the whole Tampa Bay starts supporting the program wheter we are doing well or doing bad.

• Content Count:  1,261

If we are 2nd in BE attendance at under 50k, this league has more problems than just it's new bowl affiliations.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,051
  • Days Won:  469

We r already in the top 25. Bcs.

The Top 25 that puts a little # by your name...the one the common joes recognize.

The BCS is the only ranking system that matters now. And that is the little # by the team's name you see on TV, its their BCS ranking. Most average Joes recognize that.

Thank you for your correction.  I must not be an average joe.  I honestly didn't realize that all the media outlets dropped AP and Coaches and only listed the BCS # now.  With that flashing around the ticker on ESPN/ESPN2 for a week, it may help with the locals attending.

Archived