• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Punt Team

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  880
  • Days Won:  0

Still disturbing that we had to blow 2 timeouts due to the fact that we cannot line up and get the proper personnel on the field. 

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Was it personnel or the fact that they put the guy in motion that confused them or weren't ready for it?  I thought they called timeout because they were afraid of a fake punt.  Could be wrong personnel because of the injuries to some of the guys.

• Content Count:  1,985

USFGrad I think you are correct.  We had not anticipated that shift and they took the time out versus leaving a man on the wing unblocked.  It could have beena a fake, or just a speeder that was going to be unblocked which would have also been a problem.

it was frustrating, but the right thing to do.  They will be ready now.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

yeah punt team and punt return team was sloppy but at least we were able to call timeouts before we received a penalty

• Content Count:  880

Those lapses that cost us timeouts could come back at some point.  Daniels went to call a timeout as the playclock was running out and didn't have one.  Thankfully it didn't really cost us last night.  My problem was that we had to call timeouts TWICE!!  Special teams really need to get it together.

• Content Count:  12,293

after last week against Pitt...i think our Punt team is just suprised they get to go out on the field.

• Content Count:  1,412

injuries screwed up the personnel  on our special teams, they couldn't get the correct healthy player out there.

I highly recommend sitting next to someone with the live feed radios in there ear.  It is great, they relay all the important info but you don't have to have that thing in your ear.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I am more concerned that Schwartz kicks almost all his kickoffs to the 15 and we usually start out on defense around the 40 or worse.  I was really happy he kicked 2 into the end zone last night. 

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Really wasn't impressed with the punt team last night.  I don't know what the average punt was, but it couldn't have been very good.  Delbert has always been a great punter and the thought was that tasking him with field goals and kickoffs distracted him.  He seems to have gotten worse since he quit kicking field goals.

Archived