• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ejections for standing up (again)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

we had a couple of old school Jamaican heads behind us in 125 that complained about us standing for about the entire first quarter.

they didn't complain to the TSA though, and ended up sitting on their seatbacks.

i tried to get them involved and slapped them five when we scored and they ultimately loosened up.  wish it could always end up like that, instead of morons running to TSA the first chance they get.

me?  i was standing up the whole time cuz there was a hottie a few rows down with a fantastic ass that i couldn't stop staring at.  LOL.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12
  • Days Won:  0

I thought the club section was for sitting?

This is the dumbest debate ever.  College football is a stand up and cheer game.  If you can't stand up and cheer, you should sit in a section where they sit or stay home.  Doesn't matter how old and grumpy you are, you can't change college football.  

• Content Count:  642

Only want to post my opinion and offer solutions.

1. If someone kicks me out of my seats for standing USF will lose my $2000 and I would venture to say there are a lot more people who stand and spend money to do it than those that sit.

2. Greatfal Dad has a very legitimate point. I don't know where he sits but I notice a lot of alumni sitting in the 200 levels they understand the ebs and flows of the game and only stand for EXCITING plays. I think it's pretty kick ass that you tore your MCL at the 2007 WVU ( my brother tore his acl playing intramural dodge ball, LAME). Which leads me to...

3. That WVU game was the eye opener for me. From '99 to that 2007 WVU game I sat where I wanted, payed nothing when I was a student, nothing when I was a hillsborough county coach and minimal for all the games after that. That night I paid full price for my tickets and had to sit in the 3rd level (something I had never done) surrounded by 10 ST.LEO university guys and gals who had bet AGAINST my Bulls. It was a bitter sweet experience but it was then I realized things were going to be different from here on out...

Point being I've had to re-locate, buy season tickets and make sure I'm in a section that is condusive to the way I want to watch and experience the game. It sounds as though some folks are not happy where they are sitting. Ask yourself why you sit there, things change. The wallet speaks louder than words and I think that's gratful dad's point

• Content Count:  993

Some of you may have noticed a lot of police and TSA people giving the fans problems today.  Turns out some fans didn't appreciate people standing through this important game. 

Their explanation is that you are only allowed to stand during exciting plays.  I am not sure what constitutes an exciting play because for some people every play is an exciting play.  However, please note that if you are warned you will promptly be thrown out.  Actually, even if you are NOT warned you can still be thrown out if you are in the general proximity to someone that was warned.

Note:  Cheerleaders have signs telling the fans to stand up, which is pretty funny. :D

I know a rule is a rule but this is a college football game.  We have been making progress at getting the fans more involved and this doesn't help.

A college football game is a communal event involving thoursands of others.  You have no right to infringe on the enjoyment of other people.  Sorry, but I speak my mind.

I enjoy standing the whole game though.  When people yell at me to sit the f down for 60 minutes, that seriously hinders my enjoyment!!!  So if I've been in front of you, don't dump you season tix cause our group is already decided to dump ours. 

Ill prob get the 3 game pack next year and see if I can find a better section for the future.

• Content Count:  4,738

A college football game is a communal event involving thoursands of others.  You have no right to infringe on the enjoyment of other people.  Sorry, but I speak my mind.

Ok, so I am supposed to tell you that you should be coddled for not obeying a rule.  Mommy and Daddy obviously didn't teach you much about rules.

After our last home game, where the row in front of me stood during the WHOLE game, I told my wife that we are not going to get season tickets again.  That is going to be a $2000 loss to the university.  That is because I am disabled and cannot get up for all the plays.  I have had season tickets for years and watched the people in front of me come and go.  I get up for the third downs and the "exciting plays" (a concept that you admittedly can't grasp), but on first and ten, can't do it every time.

Now, if I want to watch it on the jumbotron, I can stay home and watch it on TV.  But I will willingly sell my season tickets to you, for $2000.  What do you think?  Is it that important to you to be seen as a better fan than the rest?

I am so sick and tired of the "Fan Nazis" who proclaim that if you don't react "as I do" (stand on every play, don't wear jerseys if you are over thirty, don't wear "jorts" whatever the Hell they are....etc.).  The ones I have read year after year are in sections that don't require much of a donation.

I will gladly sell my season tickets to the first person willing to pony up what I do every year.  If not, shut up.  I do not live my life by others' rules.  Think of others for once, unless mommy and daddy never taught you that concept.

You can be a fan, support the program financially, and yell and scream (I have no voice now) and actually NOT stand every F'ing play.  You can respect others around you and still be a fan.  And if those in authority tell you to cop a squat and you don't, don't come whimpering on here and expect us all to sing Kumbaya to you.  Deal with it.

Not sure where to start here.  You cant stand so you don't want other to stand?

You are handicapped, but choose the seats with the most stairs?

There were times during the game when i didn't want to stand, but everyone around me did.  Oh well.  **** happens.  

I'm sure you will find that NO ONE on here will accept your offer.  Why would they?  Anyone can just as easily contact USF to buy tickets.  If you really want to make a statement, go ahead and give up your tickets.  And next year, be sure to stop by and look at your old seats.  Im 100% sure there will be butts in them.  Or even better, someone standing in front of them.

The stadium sits 65000.  If you don't like where you are, look around for a spot where more of the people are sitting.  My guess is while you are here parading your $2,000 price tag, there are plenty of more expensive seats available where people SIT quite a bit.  Are you willing to pony up a few more G-bars?  Doubtful.  Most likely since you're parading the price tag, its the most you can afford.  In which case, STFU, sit in your seat, but understand that most of the time you may be staring at someone's ass who has better seats than you and chooses to stand.

• Content Count:  642

Only want to post my opinion and offer solutions.

1. If someone kicks me out of my seats for standing USF will lose my $2000 and I would venture to say there are a lot more people who stand and spend money to do it than those that sit.

2. Greatfal Dad has a very legitimate point. I don't know where he sits but I notice a lot of alumni sitting in the 200 levels they understand the ebs and flows of the game and only stand for EXCITING plays. I think it's pretty kick *** that you tore your MCL at the 2007 WVU ( my brother tore his acl playing intramural dodge ball, LAME). Which leads me to...

3. That WVU game was the eye opener for me. From '99 to that 2007 WVU game I sat where I wanted, payed nothing when I was a student, nothing when I was a hillsborough county coach and minimal for all the games after that. That night I paid full price for my tickets and had to sit in the 3rd level (something I had never done) surrounded by 10 ST.LEO university guys and gals who had bet AGAINST my Bulls. It was a bitter sweet experience but it was then I realized things were going to be different from here on out...

Point being I've had to re-locate, buy season tickets and make sure I'm in a section that is condusive to the way I want to watch and experience the game. It sounds as though some folks are not happy where they are sitting. Ask yourself why you sit there, things change. The wallet speaks louder than words and I think that's gratful dad's point

Did I mention my little brother went to UCF? Serves the the little terd right!

• Content Count:  91

I was wearing my inflatable Bulls costume in both the student section and in section 122 w/o a problem. Not once was I asked to sit down or deflate the costume by TSA or TPD. I actually deflated the costume during the game but the fans around me asked me to keep it on...

were u in a group? there was a group of 4 with those costumes running around by our tailgate...those guys were hilarious!

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

Some of you may have noticed a lot of police and TSA people giving the fans problems today.  Turns out some fans didn't appreciate people standing through this important game. 

Their explanation is that you are only allowed to stand during exciting plays.  I am not sure what constitutes an exciting play because for some people every play is an exciting play.  However, please note that if you are warned you will promptly be thrown out.  Actually, even if you are NOT warned you can still be thrown out if you are in the general proximity to someone that was warned.

Note:  Cheerleaders have signs telling the fans to stand up, which is pretty funny. :D

I know a rule is a rule but this is a college football game.  We have been making progress at getting the fans more involved and this doesn't help.

Ok, so I am supposed to tell you that you should be coddled for not obeying a rule.  Mommy and Daddy obviously didn't teach you much about rules.

After our last home game, where the row in front of me stood during the WHOLE game, I told my wife that we are not going to get season tickets again.  That is going to be a $2000 loss to the university.  That is because I am disabled and cannot get up for all the plays.  I have had season tickets for years and watched the people in front of me come and go.  I get up for the third downs and the "exciting plays" (a concept that you admittedly can't grasp), but on first and ten, can't do it every time.

Now, if I want to watch it on the jumbotron, I can stay home and watch it on TV.  But I will willingly sell my season tickets to you, for $2000.  What do you think?  Is it that important to you to be seen as a better fan than the rest?

I am so sick and tired of the "Fan Nazis" who proclaim that if you don't react "as I do" (stand on every play, don't wear jerseys if you are over thirty, don't wear "jorts" whatever the Hell they are....etc.).  The ones I have read year after year are in sections that don't require much of a donation.

I will gladly sell my season tickets to the first person willing to pony up what I do every year.  If not, shut up.  I do not live my life by others' rules.  Think of others for once, unless mommy and daddy never taught you that concept.

You can be a fan, support the program financially, and yell and scream (I have no voice now) and actually NOT stand every F'ing play.  You can respect others around you and still be a fan.  And if those in authority tell you to cop a squat and you don't, don't come whimpering on here and expect us all to sing Kumbaya to you.  Deal with it.

dude, if you're a cripple just sit in the cripple seats at the top of the 100 level.  they are almost ALWAYS empty.

expecting everyone else to sit because you can't stand is ridiculous.

out of the 65,000+ seats at RayJay, i'm sure there are a few that can accomodate you.

• Content Count:  2,511

Sweet Jebus, is this what our fan base has degraded to?  Sniping at each other over petty bull droppings?

We lose, everyone is attacking each other over coaches, poor play, lost opportunities....

We win, everyone is attacking each over over who shows the best school spirit, who can drink the most beer bong shots, the proper fan etiquette, etc, etc, etc.

In the immortal words of Rodney King,

"Why can’t we all just get along?"

• Content Count:  936

Not sure where to start here.  You cant stand so you don't want other to stand?

You are handicapped, but choose the seats with the most stairs?

There were times during the game when i didn't want to stand, but everyone around me did.  Oh well.  **** happens.  

I'm sure you will find that NO ONE on here will accept your offer.  Why would they?  Anyone can just as easily contact USF to buy tickets.  If you really want to make a statement, go ahead and give up your tickets.  And next year, be sure to stop by and look at your old seats.  Im 100% sure there will be butts in them.  Or even better, someone standing in front of them.

The stadium sits 65000.  If you don't like where you are, look around for a spot where more of the people are sitting.  My guess is while you are here parading your $2,000 price tag, there are plenty of more expensive seats available where people SIT quite a bit.  Are you willing to pony up a few more G-bars?  Doubtful.  Most likely since you're parading the price tag, its the most you can afford.  In which case, STFU, sit in your seat, but understand that most of the time you may be staring at someone's ass who has better seats than you and chooses to stand.

I agree. I have also spent $2K on tickets and I'll be DAMNED if I'll be forced to sit an entire game because someone else spent $2K to SIT the entire game. I've had to do it before, and nothing makes me more angry. $2K is a big investment to just sit there. Just how I see things. To use Dad's words, I'm so sick and tired of being told to sit on 3rd and short. Because of this, I gave up my $2K tickets, and now sit in the south corner, where it's a younger crowd closer to my age, who aren't afraid to jump around and actually enjoy the event. I wish I had another $2K to buy Dad's tickets and help him out. He obviously doesn't want them.

Side note.. My wife and I are Michigan fans also as shes from the area. They stand THE ENTIRE GAME, including media outs. If you sit, you GET BOO'ED OUT OF YOUR SECTION. Everyone around, including the 100 year old fans and alumni stand.

$2K will buy a great TV.

Archived