• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Something to think about...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Been a long time.  Maybe Auburn.  Maybe Kansas last year.

Has nothing to do with playing perfect games.  A lot of our big wins and close losses have been ugly wins.  Even in our wins we always have a lot of things that you have to scratch your head about.  Clock management, bizarre play calls.  Strange personnel substitutions. 

FSU?  Definitely not a smartly played game.  We won basically on 2 plays and and a goal line stand. 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,651
  • Days Won:  29

FSU?  Definitely not a smartly played game.  We won basically on 2 plays and and a goal line stand. 

I think it was ... Defensively, we played the converage deep.

We played very conservatively on Offense, because we could.

Smart on both sides. Not execution, but smart coaching.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Hmm. I have thought that a total of zero times. Even during our programs greatest wins I was thinking about how stupid our coaching was.

Makes sense.  ::)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

Hmm. I have thought that a total of zero times. Even during our programs greatest wins I was thinking about how stupid our coaching was.

Makes sense.   ::)

I was wondering WTF .... until I saw the poster's name and see where you're coming form .... and if that's not where you were coming from it still made his post make sense.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I had about 5 different comments, but then decided to offer none, then that.  You just reach a point where things get so stupid you can't tell when someone is joking or not.  Ignorance is bliss, why disturb it?  Now excuse me, I have to get back to kicking butt on "Rookie" level.

• Content Count:  239
  • Days Won:  0

Biggest wins?

Auburn: Delbert 2-6 on FGs. There were multiple very short yardage 4th downs deep in AU territory following Delbert's shanks 1 and 2. Convert one of them for a touchdown we never go to overtime. Yes, we won the game. Yay. But if you say you weren't pulling your hair out the entire time wondering wtf is wrong with Leavitt every time he trotted out DA again, you are a liar.

FSU: Great win, as mentioned, but against the worst FSU team in decades. Two blown coverage plays helped that one. Really, if the secondary was that bad, how did we only score 17?

WVU: Defensive TDs, Jarret Brown comes in and moved it pretty well. Big win, but again, if you think it that was solely on the coaches you might be confused. Grothe's scramble in the pocket before the TD bomb to Mitchell? That's not coaching.

We've been fortunate to win some big games, and I think a large majority of those wins (against equal or better teams) were generated by on-field gamesmanship (ie, Grothe finding ways to escape sacks and turn it into positives). Ask yourselves, is it great coaching that the former leading offensive weapon HAD to thrive in a broken down play?

• Content Count:  166

Smart or dumb, ugly or pretty, skilled or lucky...I could care less how they get a W, just win baby.

Smart or dumb, ugly or pretty, skilled or lucky...I could care less how they get a W, just win baby.

Exactly . . .  :gobulls

• Content Count:  239

I agree. Wins make me happy. I was just answering the OP's question.

Now, naked bootlegs, still going for the block after two fake special teams plays in a row and other similar situations in a loss are much more frustrating.

I agree. Wins make me happy. I was just answering the OP's question.

Now, naked bootlegs, still going for the block after two fake special teams plays in a row and other similar situations in a loss are much more frustrating.

But in wins, they are called gutsy ... it comes down to execution more than coaching most of the time.

Archived