• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt is under .500 all time vs Big East teams

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  246
  • Days Won:  0

The problem may be the head coach, but USF is not going to pay the money to bring in someone better. Just suck it up and realize leavitt is going to be here for a long time.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Screw this sentiment, people. We are 5-1 over the last 6 ranked opponents. We've beaten UCF 4-0. We've beaten FSU. We're IN the Big East thanks in good part to Leavitt. We're not an annual powerhouse yet, but we're on our way, and we are annually ranked for at least some time.

Have we hit a ceiling? I ask myself that too. But we're NOWHERE NEAR the point with Leavitt that FSU is with Bowden. South Florida football is Jim Leavitt. He knows changes need to be made, and he showed it in the offseason. Be disappointed, but don't be like Miami fans and spout off fairweather sentiment as though it was from the fan faithful.

Faza you're correct, but there are about 5 posters here dominating the conversation right now - and they are not representative of the fan base, so there's little to worry about other than their polluting of the board for a few days with the same old, same old stuff.

They will accuse you of not seeing the light when in fact they are blind to anything other than a Fire Jim Leavitt campaign.  Why, I guess because they are anonymous guys that can do that.  Are they big donors to USF?  Doubtful.  Otherwise they would know the right ears to fill.

Until then, I think pro-USF fans can state a number of different arguments, but you'll soon see they are the ones not open to different thoughts. Fully committed to a Fire Jim Leavitt mantra...they would look even more stupid to change such an entrenched position now.

• Content Count:  667

Until then, I think pro-USF fans can state a number of different arguments, but you'll soon see they are the ones not open to different thoughts. Fully committed to a Fire Jim Leavitt mantra...they would look even more stupid to change such an entrenched position now.

first of all, i think everyone on this message board is "pro-USF", so you can stop lumping pro-leavitt with pro-usf and anti-leavitt with anti-usf.

i donate to the program.. and i was pretty upset when they gave him his fat-cat check. not because i didnt think he didn't deserve the money (he was getting interest from other programs at the time), i was mad that they extended him for so long.

i don't think you should be calling people "stupid" for disagreeing that jim leavitt isn't the guy at this point.  building a program through the 1-AA, through 1-A indep, and through C-USA is a different ballgame from building at the BCS level.  we all credit him for what he's done back then, and he proved that he can do it back then, but he's not proving he can do it at the BCS level now.  that doesn't make our argument "stupid".. if anything, you're making yourself look stupid for calling people stupid because they have their own opinions on what's going on.

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Faza you're correct, but there are about 5 posters here dominating the conversation right now - and they are not representative of the fan base, so there's little to worry about other than their polluting of the board for a few days with the same old, same old stuff.

They will accuse you of not seeing the light when in fact they are blind to anything other than a Fire Jim Leavitt campaign.  Why, I guess because they are anonymous guys that can do that.  Are they big donors to USF?  Doubtful.  Otherwise they would know the right ears to fill.

Brad,

Since you don't attend every home game (not your fault) and have not attended a large number of away games.  I will point out to you that not only is your's and Faza's sentiment contrary to the majority of major donators (I sit amongst many at every game I attend) but your condescension of Leavitt critics as anti-USF is downright objectionable.  Right now I'm a vocal Leavitt critic - and I won't be party to the "Fire Leavitt" pitchfork group but don't kid yourself, Leavitt's continuing poor performances against BE opponents has many donators critical of him and that includes me.

• Content Count:  1,037

15-16 since we entered the conference.

8-8 in CUSA.....

Why does this guy have a contract through 2012.... We are just as dumb as UCF for giving GOL such a sweetheart deal.

10-16 if you take away the wins over a putrid Sorrycuse program.... a high school coach could have led us to wins over syracuse.

That is simply not getting the job done. Cincy, Louisville, and UCONN entered the BE at about the same time as us and have all won conference championships. I care about USF first and foremost. Sorry if my allegiance is not to Leavitt. Good riddance.

• Content Count:  959

SMAZZA comes off as hating USF & BIG EAST = No credibility. Just because some (growing number by the way ) are critical of the coach does not mean they do not love the program. Hey, at least they take the time to voice their opinion and actually give a **** about USF.  

USF did fire Eddie Cardieri 1986-2006 after building the program (for you young pups, former baseball coach) 731-546 career record. The program was mediocre 2003-2006 (not horrible) and he was relieved of his duties. I ask you, how much time does Leavitt get a hall pass? If we are in the same place in two years, IMO it would be time for a change. I do not hate Leavitt and am not ready to say he should go. Right now I feel we are not moving forward though.

• Content Count:  959

Brad,

Since you don't attend every home game (not your fault) and have not attended a large number of away games.  I will point out to you that not only is your's and Faza's sentiment contrary to the majority of major donators (I sit amongst many at every game I attend) but your condescension of Leavitt critics as anti-USF is downright objectionable.  Right now I'm a vocal Leavitt critic - and I won't be party to the "Fire Leavitt" pitchfork group but don't kid yourself, Leavitt's continuing poor performances against BE opponents has many donators critical of him and that includes me.

:clap  I am not rich YET but do give money, go to every game, 1 road trip and every bowl game. Thank you

i don't think you should be calling people "stupid" for disagreeing that jim leavitt isn't the guy at this point.  building a program through the 1-AA, through 1-A indep, and through C-USA is a different ballgame from building at the BCS level.  we all credit him for what he's done back then, and he proved that he can do it back then, but he's not proving he can do it at the BCS level now.  that doesn't make our argument "stupid".. if anything, you're making yourself look stupid for calling people stupid because they have their own opinions on what's going on.

Point 1)  I didn't call anyone "stupid for disagreeing that jim leavitt isn't the guy at this point".  I might have to break out the "unable to comprehend" label though.

Point 2)  You're right he's taken us from neophyte to now and is noted around the country for his expertise in doing so.  We're still a very young program - I know you and a handful don't want to hear that.  I think most people understand that we are continuing to attract better talent and must continue to do so to be consistently competitive at the highest levels.  We achieved too much too fast in 2007 and it's been hard for some to handle since.  You can disagree all you want, just please read the post first.

Point 2)

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I am a Leavitt supporter. My thoughts are that he shouldn't be fired in a knee jerk reaction to this year. Especially considering the injuries, but he should be on the hot seat.

Some may make the argument that we couldn't afford to make a change. If we continue to tank I would make the argument that we won't be able to afford not to. Doesn't the school receive TV revenue from the ESPN nationally televised games like Thursdays and Fridays?  We make a minimal amount of money if we don't go to. Bowl.

Brad,

:clap  I am not rich YET but do give money, go to every game, 1 road trip and every bowl game. Thank you

Congrats to the both of you.  My point, as made yesterday, is that repeating something over and over again here, does not change things at USF.  I just think we should all be aware of that. 

Archived