• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why is everyone so surprised?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

Really? C'mon. We've lost to Cinci 3 years in a row not counting yesterday, on top of that they were the #8 ranked team, we have a RS Freshman QB, and practically no kicker. Now, why is everyone acting as if we just lost to Akron? I'm not saying you should lower your expectations, but when they are not fulfilled just realize what we were up against.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

i don't think anybody is surprised.

just disappointed at the missed opportunity.

that game was absolutely winnable... poor game planning, play calling, lack of discipline and execution did us in. and yet the game was still competitive until the 4th quarter.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Some people are certainly going overboard but as bad as we played and even with all the missed opportunities it was still a winnable game.  Also Cinci is the best or second best team on our schedule and they are very talented.  Id rather lay an egg against a high ranked team than against an unranked team.  We went out there and stunk the joint up on many levels and were still competitive with one of the best teams we play on our schedule, sure it hurts but it's how we rebound from this that tells what we really have in this team. 

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I don't think there's any reason to start throwing in the fan towel.  We're 5-1 and still have 6 games to go.

We have a team that has the talent to beat a Cincinnati.  It just wasn't our night.

We need to rally strong.  We've got a tough match-up against a solid Pitt team next week.

Our track record this time of the season isn't great, but a single loss to a really good Cincinnati team doesn't end our season.  I dont think we can win the BEast this year.  I dont see Cincy losing 2 games in the Beast.

Though, we could still potentially win the BEast if there were a 3 way tie with teams @ 6-1 in conference.

• Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

not sure this was as 'winnable' a game as so many contend.  almost everything would have needed to go right for Bulls to win that game.  Cincy was never stressed and thus never turned their offense up a notch.   

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

We had to play maybe perfect to win and we didn't play perfect we loss no big surprise.

Could we have beaten Cincy, oh yeah but they played better than us and won the game it is not rocket science.

I sure hope the team isn't like some of these fans that give up on the season if so we won't win a game the rest of the year.

Archived