• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Talked to Seth Greenberg tonight...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Velcro, yes Mac is creating a different type of program.  However keep in mind that this is the year 2004 and this is "big time" college athletics.  It's going to be difficult to assemble a team of choir boys who do NOTHING wrong EVER and keep a full squad.  I think he may need to be a little more flexible considering today's college athlete.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I don't think he is trying to get choir boys, but he isn't going to put up with headcases who don't care about the team.  

The players that put team first a good "Can" succeed under this system.  You won't succeed if you don't.

If a player isn't willing to buy into the system, he shouldn't be here... period, regardless of how good the player is.  If he was to kick someone off the team for being late to practice, then I may say "lighten up"..  But there is no reason to say he should lighten up about certain things (eg. baker-pot problem).  I don't care what year it is.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  38
  • Days Won:  0

Seth ran a clean program in my opinion.  One of the qualities for which he can be commended (not the only one I might add.  Seth should get his due.)

Discipline is another matter.....

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

yes, i agree, it was very clean..., if you are talking about arrests, fraud, violations.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

I wish Seth the best, while not happy with how it all turned out, he worked hard at getting USF's name outthere.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,481
  • Days Won:  13

Seth Greenberg's record:

C-USA Games: 47-63

C-USA Tournament: 3-7 (Never past the 2nd round)

NIT Record: 0-2

Record vs BCS Schools:  10-16

Record on the road: 30-58

Gotta love the media guide, eh SC?? ;-)

Yes, USF beat their share of Northeasterns and Forhams and Monmouths of the world during Seth's tenure.  He was mediocre at best in C-USA games and couldn't seem to get USF past the hump.  Maybe he will do better in the ACC, and maybe USF will do worse in the Big East... it will be tough to compare Robert McCullum to Seth Greenberg - but all I know is he was not as good as some people here have posted.

Sheriff -- I am pleased he wishes us well... and I return the well-wishes, I just don't expect anything from VT in the ACC.  Both schools will be the whipping boys of their respective conferences for the near future.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

Everybody has their opinions on ol' Seth, but I think it's a classic case of "good people, bad marriage." Coach Greenberg did some good things at USF, but by 2003 it was in the best interest of both parties to part ways. I wish him the best of luck, and I'm glad he still feels positively about USF.