• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Don't be negative....Send out our thanks to...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  188
  • Days Won:  0

Coach Mac.  I would like to be among the first to thank Coach Mac., for the job he is doing with our basketball program.  For over a year, coach, has been molding this group of young men into a team.  Much like in the movie Hoosiers, he first needed to break them down and now is building a team.  We had so many head cases during the Greenburg years and very little teamwork.  

Coach Mac took over one of the most difficut jobs in college sports.  A team with very little fan support, no discipline, and a short time away from moving into the Big East.  Have you every wondered why a team like Duke (without a bunch of flashy superstars) does well in the tournament almost every year, when teams like Cincy (with a lot of high flying flashy guys) only goes a round or two.  Teamwork, thats the answer.

Coach isn't afraid to make the hard decisions, like he was faced with last year.  He could have let things go as they were and probably won a few more games but he was building for the future.  At practice coach makes every person on the team responsible for everyone else, good or bad, you do it as a team.

He has gone out and hired an assistant coach from the Northeast, who knows that area and has contacts, because he knows to be competitive in the big east we will need to recruit that area.

Sorry this is so long, I am just a USF basketball fanatic.  I love all USF sports, but when I went there in the early 80's b-ball was our main sports so it is my passion.

Rest easy Bulls fan.  Coach Mac has basketball on the right track for this year and the future.  Go out to a game, you won't be dissapointed by the effort or the outcome.  I predict we will finish somewhere between 14-14 to 20-8.  Optimistic, I know, but it is the beginning of the season.  Hop on the bandwagon now because in a few years there might not be much room

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

It's so hard to change those who pre-judged him.  I've been happy with the hire since day one.  I think it'll take us a few more years to get going though.  It's tough to bring kids to a school that hasn't been to the NCAA tourney since 92?

Predictions.  I'm happy with 10 wins this year.  15 wins and I'd give him a year extension.  20 wins and I'll have a heart attack.

After the demise of basketball (in general and not just at USF) it has been hard for me to generate any real interest.  All that aside, I am excited about the future of USF hoops and hope that CRM gets the chance to continue to get things moving forward.

I don't think the record last year was any reflection of his coaching abilities but had more to do with the loss of players (including those run off by CRM and those that just quit on their own) and injuries etc.

I think a lot of the "bad blood" has been purged and this team is nearly 100% different than Greenies club from the 02-03 season.

I am not expecting a whirl wind of change but believe we will win more than a single game in conference this year.  My guess is still winning somewhere from 11-14 games this year.  That would be good progress.

Another area I am looking at that doesn't show up on stats sheets is player development and improvement - those little things that make a difference in a close game.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Coach Mac.  I would like to be among the first to thank Coach Mac., for the job he is doing with our basketball program.  For over a year, coach, has been molding this group of young men into a team.  Much like in the movie Hoosiers, he first needed to break them down and now is building a team.  We had so many head cases during the Greenburg years and very little teamwork.  

Coach Mac took over one of the most difficut jobs in college sports.  A team with very little fan support, no discipline, and a short time away from moving into the Big East.  Have you every wondered why a team like Duke (without a bunch of flashy superstars) does well in the tournament almost every year, when teams like Cincy (with a lot of high flying flashy guys) only goes a round or two.  Teamwork, thats the answer.

Coach isn't afraid to make the hard decisions, like he was faced with last year.  He could have let things go as they were and probably won a few more games but he was building for the future.  At practice coach makes every person on the team responsible for everyone else, good or bad, you do it as a team.

He has gone out and hired an assistant coach from the Northeast, who knows that area and has contacts, because he knows to be competitive in the big east we will need to recruit that area.

Sorry this is so long, I am just a USF basketball fanatic.  I love all USF sports, but when I went there in the early 80's b-ball was our main sports so it is my passion.

Rest easy Bulls fan.  Coach Mac has basketball on the right track for this year and the future.  Go out to a game, you won't be dissapointed by the effort or the outcome.  I predict we will finish somewhere between 14-14 to 20-8.  Optimistic, I know, but it is the beginning of the season.  Hop on the bandwagon now because in a few years there might not be much room

Go Bulls!

At the risk of being "beastie-like", while I it appears Mac is doing it the right way, the proof will be in the pudding. I'll be at all the home games supporting him and the team but let's play some games to see what we've got .............

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  266

I agree I bullieve coach mac is doing a great job and if you wanna give him a few games to prove it fine give him a few games instead of like most who are so pessimistic.   they are ready to say look at last year we were horrible USF basketball is horrible and coach mac is horrible.  If you think last year is any indication you either A.) Didnt watch a single game (all you did was look at scores)  or B.) Know nothing about college Basketball

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I'll reserve judgement until I see some results. Right now... I support him. But it won't take long for me to remember having consistent above .500% seasons to pass judgement. Win... the fans come.

And the verdict is.....

• Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  866

I couldn't be more excited for USF's basketball future.  It's not going to happen this year, but I'd say our second year in the Big East, we should be able to compete night in and out.  That will be Coach Mac's fourth year with his players and his system.  We're not going to dominate a league with UConn, Louisville, Syracuse, and Notre Dame (not to mention sleeping giants like Villanova and Georgetown), but we're going to be in the hunt.  Being in the hunt in the best basketball conference ever assembled is good enough to get to NCAA's.  

The best part is he building this program the right way.  The team had the highest GPA in the league last year, and that SHOULD mean more than wins and losses (yeah, I know how the real world works though).  But he's bringing in kids we can be proud to cheer for, and we should be proud of that.  He's a winner on and off the court, and his team will be as well.

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Coach Mac will get the job done!  Geez Sheriff how can you not through total support to Mac (I will reserve judgment statement)?  Are you somehow related to Seth?  You seem to view him and his moves through rose-colored glasses.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  266

Hey Sheriff does this mean your goal for USF hoops is just above .500 if so you are right Seth was a great coach my goals are bigger than that and that is why i am behind coach mac 100%

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

coach mac will surprise alot of people

i still think administration should give him a one year extension to show support