• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"Stop Worrying About USF"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

I remain confident about this game. We've gone on the road and beaten two good teams already (and Miami, but they aren't good), and took care of a very good Fresno St team at home. South Florida has beaten 3 1-AA teams (W. Kentucky is still 1-AA in my book), a bad Florida St team, and a terrible Syracuse team.

Additionally, I really believe that BK and staff have been playing vanilla O and D for the past few weeks, due to injury, and also because they didn't need to pull out the crazy stuff. We haven't seen the wildcat at all, for example. But I think USF will see some stuff that isn't on tape yet.

Finally, we have owned USF the past three years, just like we've owned Rutgers. Will it be a tough game? Sure, all road games are tough in conference. But I'll match what I've seen from UC against what USF has done any day. Win or lose, I think we're the better team. If we execute, we win. And if we do manage to lose, I will stand up like Dennis Green and tell you that they are who we thought they were, but we let 'em off the hook.

In order for UC to become the football program we all want it to be, people need to get over the loser mentality of worrying about every single game. Expect them to win, and support them if they lose. Thinking that the season is shot if they lose is a terrible attitude to have. It's a losers attitude. Win or lose, this is a great team that will have a great season, and I think they win. UC 36, USF 24

http://forums.bearcatnews.com/showthread.php?t=5973

• Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah I read that...I find it hilarious that a 2-3 Fresno State team is very good and a 2-4 Florida State is very bad....hahahhaa Florida State would beat Fresno handily in my opinion. Its cool, it doesn't matter what they think, the roles are kind of reversed and it reminds me a bit of 2007 when we thought we would kill Cincy and we ended up losing. The loss will hurt their psyches that much worse

• Content Count:  239

Yeah, those posts annoy me. Who cares what your team has done. Come tomorrow might, none of that matters. BYU thought FSU at home would be a breeze. NC State beat Pitt, surely they could beat a team that lost to a 1-AA.

That crap doesn't matter.

• Content Count:  63

I think this poster is in a minority. I think it is obvious because he started off by saying how he wasnt sure why so many fans are worried.

The fact is, 90 percent of our fans are worried about this game.

I think the majority of UC fans believe we will win but I dont see how that is any different from most teams.

• Content Count:  136

Yeah, those posts annoy me. Who cares what your team has done. Come tomorrow might, none of that matters. BYU thought FSU at home would be a breeze. NC State beat Pitt, surely they could beat a team that lost to a 1-AA.

That crap doesn't matter.

I'm sure FSU was thinking they'd walk all over USF coming off their beat down of BYU.

• Content Count:  7,890

I think this poster is in a minority. I think it is obvious because he started off by saying how he wasnt sure why so many fans are worried.

The fact is, 90 percent of our fans are worried about this game.

I think the majority of UC fans believe we will win but I dont see how that is any different from most teams.

Agree its a HUGE BIG EAST game and everyone knows its going to be tough but THE BULLS will WIN.  >:D Other than games vs Louisville and SU every big east game one to keep your eye on.

• Content Count:  7,890

Yeah I read that...I find it hilarious that a 2-3 Fresno State team is very good and a 2-4 Florida State is very bad....hahahhaa Florida State would beat Fresno handily in my opinion. Its cool, it doesn't matter what they think, the roles are kind of reversed and it reminds me a bit of 2007 when we thought we would kill Cincy and we ended up losing. The loss will hurt their psyches that much worse

also they plays Fresno at home and we went on the road to FSU and knock them in the face

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Win or lose, I think we're the better team.

Are you sure this guy is from Cincinnati? Sounds like something that would come out of the other school on I-4.

• Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  3

also they plays Fresno at home and we went on the road to FSU and knock them in the face

also they played fresno at 12 noon EST, which is 9AM fresno time.  i dont even think the fresno players were awake.  ;D  ;D ;D

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,442
  • Days Won:  19

Didn't find anything outrageous in this comment.  If I were a Cincinnati fan I would probably have the same sentiment looking at the history coming into this game.  They have owned us and no one we have beaten thus far amounts to much.  That said, I'm thinking and hoping the past is irrelevant on Thursday.  Our guys should rise to the occasion for because of the opportunity before them.  

Archived