• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CFN: Thursday Night Throwdown- Cincy at USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  136
  • Days Won:  0

I know everyone is in love with Pike and Cincy's offense but USF did hold a good FSU offense in check. Everyone loves to discount the FSU win because they are struggling but look at what FSU's offense has done in their other games:

~34pts, 404 total yards vs UM

~19, 402 vs Jax St

~54, 512 vs BYU

~21, 411 vs BC

~44m 538 vs GT

~Average (w/o USF game) - 34, 453.

I think USF's defense will be more than ready to face Cincy's. The question is, will they be ready for USF's? This is a more dynamic offense with all the plays over 50 yards and was very predictable the last couple years under GG. I also think Matt's desire to beat Cincy (having it circled on his calendar) may have "made" him force some things that led to costly turnovers. Do you think Chico has some plays ready to exploit that "new" Cincy defense?

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

I find it interesting that he thinks this brand new defense that Cincy has will get three sacks, that shocks me.  How many sacks do they have this year currently? 

it's in the article, my friend...

The Bearcats defense has already come up with 21 sacks on the season.

anyways, article is poorly written, IMO.

too many redundancies (ending two sentences in a row with "this year" and including "on the year" in the subsequent third)

misuse of an apostrophe as well... "However, they have allowed opponent’s to control the clock with the short passing game."  what exactly is possessive in this context that would warrant an apostrophe?  nothing, that's what.

as far as the analysis, it's reasonable.  Pike is certainly more experienced than BJ, but i think the atmosphere of a home game for the Bulls will offset some of Pike's superior composure in this type of big game.

a sold out RayJay at night is an intense environment. 

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Yeah USF was the only defense to hold the Florida State offense to less than 400 total yards so far this season - and USF held them to less than 300! The defense is capable of shutting down a high-powered offense.

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

this is usf's game too lose

Archived